cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost assignment-Multiple cost objects being selected by default from the EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an expense report from the Portal and entered the cost object - a WBS element and saved the report. Now, when I check in table: PTRV_SCOS, it shows me the cost object assigned are - both - the WBS Element as well as the Cost center. This is incorrect as there should be only one cost object - either the cost center or the WBS element. However, when I book the expenses from the backend, it works fine. Only the WBS or cost center is displayed in the table mentioned above. Anyone has any idea as to why this is happening?

Many thanks in advance for your efforts.

Cheers guys.

Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards,

Tanmay Dhingra

Edited by: Tanmay Dhingra on May 17, 2011 10:05 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Address this to SAP by raising an OSS. It seems that it is a bug, which can be rectified by a note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First of all, thanks for your responses..

Right, about the issue, what I explained here was that I am indeed assigning only one cost object: the WBS element. The issue was that even though I am assigning only the WBS element, it was also assigning the cost to the cost center by default. I did some R&D and found the solution to the issue (I was also asked to look for OSS notes but was not satisfied that this issue needs an OSS note to be applied so tried my solution). The issue was in table: T788M (allocate costs to variable account assignment). Here, I created an entry and called it USERGROUP_2 (just a random name) and assigned the variable cost objects (only the WBS and the Cost center) to be displayed. In the next step, I assigned this usergroup to the country in quesion feature (TRVCO). By doing this, I tell the system that only these cost objects are to be considered when an employee wants to assign the cost object. If the system sees that there is no value from the drop down to choose from, it picks up the default cost object (cost center). This was a simple issue that I had to rattle my brains on... but the solution I mention above worked like a hot knife going through butter...

If you guys face this issue, please try this else feel free to get in touch with me on my number below.

Once again, thanks for your responses.

Best regards,

Tanmay Dhingra

+91 880 6666 606

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry.. Just wanted to correct the table name.. It's table: T588N..

Thanks.

Tanmay Dhingra

+91 880 6666 606

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanmay,

The table PTRV_SCOS stores the cost object assigned at trip level. If you are assigning only WBS element at Trip level(not at receipt level), only WBS is displayed in the table against the trip.

Also check Infotype 27, whether there are any default cost assignments assigned to the user.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Praisty