cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC NW 7.5 : Change dimension member from upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

Is possible change the value of a specific size starting from a value of another dimension into conversion file during upload from infoprovider?

Example : I want upload data from DSO , and , from a specific ACCOUNT I'd like change the value of dimension FLOW

ACCOUNT SOURCE FLOW SOURCE ACCOUNT TARGET FLOW TARGET

BS_000000001 BS_FLOW_D -

>> BS_000000001 BS_DUMMY

There are some method in CONVERSION FILE like a formula or other way?

Thanks

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

While creating conversion files, you can mention the IDs 'from what' you want to convert 'to what'. You can mention those IDs which are different from your previous data and you want it differently to be displayed in BPC.

In your case, If you want BS_FLOW_D to be converted to BS_DUMMY, then you need to mention this in your conversion file and also need to create transformation file to map those changes.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam.

Thanks for your response, but my problem is that I want make this conversion only for a specific account and not for all.

Es. IF( ACCOUNT = BS_0000001 )

THEN ( FLOW = BS_DUMMY )

Is possible manage it into conversion file or I must change it with a script logic or in BW before I upload the data?

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I would to confirm in your case if Flow is a separate Dimension like Account? If yes the you need to mention this in script login file. If Account is the dimension and has BS_0000001 as its member, and you want it to be displayed as BS_DUMMY in BPC, then you can use conversion files.

Conversion files are used to correct the IDs while uploading data in BPC as per your requirement.

Hope this clarifies.

Rgds,

Poonam