cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying existing standard web dynpro Components for usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm working on the HCM EPMS(Employee Performance Management system) and currently the requirement is such that i need to copy the existing web dynpro components to make changes for the client requirement. In my case, i have copied standard web dynpros HAP_DOCUMENT_HEADER and HAP_DOCUMENT_BODY to z components. This creates an interface with a z component which is ZIWCI_WD_HAP_DOCUMENT_BODY by replacing the standard interface IWCI_WD_HAP_DOCUMENT_BODY. I have maintained all the settings for the z interface same as from the standard.

My question is 'I'm creating a configuration for the new webdynpro components to replace the standard component so that while accessing the standard application the z component will be accessible instead of the standard. Do i need to work with the z interface or is there any way to change the interface back to the standard in my copied component. Please suggest the pre requisites and necessary things to check in this scenario.

Thanks In Advance,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not have to touch the interface. You can very well create the configuration and use your zcomponent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for the reply.

While copying it has created a interface controller preceeded with 'Z' to the stnadard interface controller on its own and it didn't ask for choosing it. I just activated it. Every thing else is same as standard. Hope this is the expected behavior? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. interface is automatically generated. Normal behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for the reply.

I have activated the components and checked successfully for consistency

Regards,

Ravi.

Answers (0)