Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

! given as input to an obligatory parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos
Parameters:
d_char OBLIGATORY.

write d_char.

Why is it giving an error ' make an entry in all req fields' if input is given as !??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Entering ! as the first character in a selection field clears all content.

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am not old enough to remember SAP R/2, so can't tell you from my experience but I found this on Internet

I have been told by an R/2 guy that this problem has a historical reason, in R/2 exclamation mark ("!") is considered as space and R/3 is inherited from R/2 so R/3 still considers "!" as space though it recognizes blank as well. But I don't get any chance to validate his version.

Whether it's true or not, I am not right one to decide, but seems like this is kind of bug which wasn't fixed by SAP in futher releases.

Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

Hi ArchanaSAP,

I remember trying this years ago.

For ?,

this was the explanation.

"Fields in which you must enter data are prefilled with a check mark or question mark ("?") by the system. "

You can find the same, if you click on the "fill in all data in required fields" message.

Edited by: Mallikarjuna J on May 17, 2011 3:09 PM

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Entering ! as the first character in a selection field clears all content.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Thank You Thomas, It helped.

When I gave any text preceded by ! , i got the same error.Yes, It clears the content of the selection screen field.