cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC ADAPTER Issue, some meta data loads, some doesn't

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I just started trying to setup the IDOC adapter connection between our R/3 system and our XI system. I decided to try and pull in some meta data via IDX2 to start. The weird thing is that I get some IDOC structures successfully, but not others. I think it has to do with some requirnments that I am missing on the R/3 side. For instance, outside of setting up the RFC connection, creating the tRFC port and the partner profile for the Logical system what else is needed. Do I have to assign the basic type to the outbound partner profile to access it? Do I have to actually create IDOCS for the basic type? Just curious. Here are the details of what I have done so far. A lot of this I pulled from other peoples postings here on the forum, I think I am just missing a few steps!

Our current configuration is as follows:

SAP R/3 Enterprise to post IDOCs to XI .

- R/3 Configuration:

• logical system created: DXICLNT200

• we20 : Partner Type LS: partner number: DXICLNT200.

• we21 : IDOC Ports: Transactional RFC: Port name: DXICLNT200. IDOC record type SAP Release 4.x. RFC Destination : DXICLNT200

• sm59 : create RFC destination : DXICLNT200. Target host: the XI box. Logon security: Client 200. XIAPPLUSER. PASSWORD (for XIAPPLUSER). Testing the connection works.

- XIHOST Configuration:

• sm59 : created RFC destination to DDSCLNT210. Gateway options used, NO Client or User specified, are these needed, if so, is there a particular user to use.

Test connection works.

• IDX1 : Created Port - DDSCLNT210. client 210. RFC destination DDSCLNT210.

• IDX2 : Able to load metadata for IDoc Type CHRMAS01, of port DDSCLNT210. NOT ABLE TO IMPORT CREMAS03 or MATMAS03!

Any help is greatly apprciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was a problem in the RFC connection, the target host was not populated correctly. All meta data can now be pulled.

However, I am curious about where the meta data for CHRMAS and CLSMAS came from. the RFC connection was NOT working, so where could it have pulled this information from????

0 Kudos

CHRMAS and CLSMAS meta data already exists in XI system, and pulled from there. No RFC connection needed for that.

Maxim