cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCR's in MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing an issue with configuration part in MSS.

i have configured the PCRs (using std Adobe forms) and standard SAP settings

I am stuck at the workflow part of it

Que: lets say Promotion: When the Manager raises a request, does the work item come in HR's worklist (UWL)

currently I have assigned an Agent (which is an HR position)

then when a manager raises a PCR (lets say Promotion) then the HR personnel gets a link in the NOTIFICATION tab

in portal and not in Tasks so now, when this HR guys log's in into the portal he can go to this notification tab n work on this request we are using currently the 1 level workflow as mentioned in the docs

WS50000041) (Approval process with one step approval)

so the question is...

is this a correct process or are we missing out on something

also,

The document says, it has to go to someone for approver

approval...now where do we set that

Please suggest....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In the WF, under approver you can set any approver, like immediate manager or write a rule to configure the approver.

So in your case if you maintained a HR admin its correct, it will go to his UWL or under his worklist for PCRS or forms

You can have the WF assigned to anyone to approve also you can send to another manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ranu for raising this query.

& Thank you Siddharth for quick response.

What we are looking for is;

1. Is the mentioned process correct? (Messages coming to Notification tab of HR adm and then he processing from the same)

2. As per one of the WF documents for one/tow level approval process, will the manager also Approve this request before it goes to the HR adm.

Additional info: as of now, the WF is only going as a notification to the HR adm and is not there in his work list.

We would appreciate your inputs.

Edited by: Rohit Pise on May 18, 2011 7:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is resolved.

Solution / Resolution

1. Is the mentioned process correct? (Messages coming to Notification tab of HR adm and then he processing from the same)

a. while using WS 50000041, by default, the request goes to the immediate next OU's chief. On Approval, this work item is available for the Personnel Admin for completing the process.

Note: By default, there was no rule assigned in TS 50000075 (Approver). So I have assigned standard rule 50000133.

b. while using WS 50000031, we were unable to fnd any agent in rule 50000132 as there was no field available in the standard form for entering the first approval's name.

2. As per one of the WF documents for one/tow level approval process, will the manager also Approve this request before it goes to the HR adm.

Yes, in our case, the HR Admin was not having work item till the request was processed by the respective managers.

Appreciate your help.