cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

positions and implications

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

if i assign a position to different employees, what are the implications we will be facing in sap hr?

please explain.

i have a postion say for example,manager with id 00000001,and assigned for the employee say A.

now the requirement is that the same postion id 00000001 is now avaialable in delhi with some name called A, the same position id 00000001 needs to be assigned to different employees in agra and mumbai with employee name as B and C.

please explain... if this is possible.if yes how? if no... what ar the implications...

but my understanding is that it is not possible for same position id with multiple employees. unless if it is a prt-time job then it can be possible at the same location. not in different locations.right?

please correct if i am worng..

if it is full time employment then it is ideal to have each employee has to be a unique position id.

please clarify some points:

what are the implications will be having if we assign same postion id to different employees?

in which areas it will effect of sap hr?

i have littlebit idea that it is very complex in reporting structure...

Edited by: rameshk.rameshk456 on May 17, 2011 9:02 AM

Edited by: rameshk.rameshk456 on May 17, 2011 9:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well One position number can be assigned to only One employee, Once a position is assigned to a single employee it will not allow you to use that position number for a second employee.

Each employee must have a unique Position number.

In part time employment the same holder position can be used with the % assignment.

Is there anything else you want to know pertaining to the position assignment.

Regards,

Jailakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jailakshmi,

thank you for your valuable info. but the thing is when i hire an employee and check it is accepting postion but in the same postion in the same place as delhi.

when i assign the same position to other personnel sub area still the second employee is showing in the present location not in the new location,because as the postion id which we have given it as delhi.

and if it is a part time employee where we can give percentage.

but clarify onething that ... if an employee existing only we can assign,other wise while hiring it is not possible to assign in different locations.

Edited by: rameshk.rameshk456 on May 17, 2011 11:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sap user,

thank you for your valuable info. but the thing is when i hire an employee and check it is accepting postion but in the same postion in the same place as delhi.

when i assign the same position to other personnel sub area still the second employee is showing in the present location not in the new location,because as the postion id which we have given it as delhi.

but clarify onething that ... if an employee existing only we can assign,other wise while hiring it is not possible to assign in different locations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In any case the system will not allow you to save the same position for two employee's be it in any location.

Even if the case is for existing employee's later stages of the action the error will come where in the same holder is given to 2 employee's and the data may mis match.

It is better if you create a Single position for an individual employee unless its part time employment.

This will be good practice so that you do not face any issues in future.

Regards,

Jailakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

First of all system will not allow you to create two positions with same ID.

secondly u can only assign two employees for a position if its the case of part time or shift basis and its only possible to assign only at one location.

hope it cleared your doubt.

Regards,

SAPUUSER