cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integartion of Workflow with WebDynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a simple tutorial,link or post that explain how to call a Workflow from my Webdynpro ABAP application,I just want to know the integartion betweent he two, i dont want ot use UWL.

Please provide valuable inputs.

Thanks

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not resolved but still closing it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

For the FM: SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW to start a workflow, the workflow should be a general task.

Go to PFTC -> Display /Change the workflow template -> Additional Data -> Agent Assignment -> Maintain ->

Attributes -> Select General Task.

Note the workflow should be a General task. This is the basic requirement for the workflow to trigger

from the standard FM: SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW.

Please try this and let me know if this is useful.

Regards,

Karim.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP_WAPI* gives a lot of FM which are used to trigger workflow./

create activity , process it and all.

you can use these FMs in your web dynpro application

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kris,

I ahve already seen these lnks and using the SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW to call the worklow but my WF is not being called on the action of the button from my application.

Please help.

I have avery basic WF that has only one userd ecision step (yes/NO) in both the cases the mail is send to the user. When I execute this WF it is working fine.

I have developed a simple WD Abap component with one button on the view, and I want on press of the button my WF gets triggered. I used the FM SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW and passes the WF id in task. When I click on the button nothing happens, when i check the SWIA there is no entry that my workflow has been triggered...please provide your valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Pooja

Edited by: Pooja Gupta on May 17, 2011 10:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Check this thread triggering workflow on button click.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8944304#8944304

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Put a break point in OnAction Event of Button and Check., Use Commit Work After Function Module., or pass DO_COMMIT = 'X' parameter to FM

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran