Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Additional Data B from any tab in VA01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

In VA01 we have a tab with Additional data B in this we are filling some customized fields(Checkboxes). If user is saving the sales order without filling customized fields in additional B, then may be from any of the tab(Sales, Accountings, Conditions shipping etc) it should bi-pass the screen to Additional data B with error message saying fill in all details.

Basically we want to call additional data B screen from any tab of sales order. is this possible ??

We have user-exit - MV45AFZZ.

Regards

VEnK@

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to the screen exit. There you can put the check for error message.

vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For that u have to code in PAI.

i.e For Header level Addition Data B : Screen No. 8309 and

for Item Level Additional Data B: Screen No. 8459.

in prgram SAPMV45A.

for both screen screen u have implement PAI in Include Program MV45AIZZ. In that validate u field containg data or not.

If fields are initial the raise error with message type E.

Hope ur problem is solved..

Regards

Dhiraj Dangore

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Header level or item level? I'm assuming the requirement includes some logic with the checkbox analysis, otherwise you would simply populate the checkboxes during save? Or do you just need the user to check the box to prove they've been to the tab? From the header and item check user exits in MV45AFZB, you can trap the 'SICH' (Save) action and determine whether or not the document is complete with additional logic other than what's configured. You can add fields to the incompletion procedure table (XVBUV), control the messaging, and direct the user to the appropriate screen.

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First answer is NO....

if you want to call additional data B from any tab, you would have to control the screen sequence which is not recommended.

As Brad said, you can add the fields into incomplete procedure. I am not sure about adding custom fields into incompletion procedure.

You can just display the error message by checking fcode 'SICH' from additional data B screen itself.

I would like to hear if there is an option of calling the additional data B upon error..... I tried it in ECC 5.0 but no luck without controlling SAP Screen sequence control.