cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation to be calculated on Net book value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an Asset class which consists about 250 assets and need to change the method of depreciation, such that the end of useful life of the asset the scrap value remains at 30%.

Current Process:

The assets are being charged at 10% percent on a st-line method basis, and the asset have undergone dep for a period of 5 years for the fiscal period Jan- Dec

Requirement:

As on 01.04.2011 the Net Book Value(NBV) should be taken for calculation, and at the end of useful life of the asset the scrap value should be 30% of the value as on 01.4.2011

I have used the method of assigning the Dep-cut off value key, and also have used new interval period in the Dep area to have this new calculation, but my base amount is still being calculated at the Acquisition value(APC) as against the NBV required.

Please advise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

You can proceed as under

Configure depreciation key as

Dep. Key : XX03

Base method 0011

Decl.-bal. method 001 = 0.00x / 0.0000% / 0.0000%

Prd cont 004 = 01/01/11/11

Multilev.meth. X03 = 9999 / 999 / 12 / Base Value: 24 / Percentage: 0.0000 / Checked u2018Rem. lifeu2019 / Reduct:0.0000

Check this and revert back.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs on this issue, i did try your method, but my asset still gets calculated the same way, and where exactly do i configure, such that i have 30% percent of my book value, do i still have to define a cut-off value key and assign it to the dep.key that you have asked to define.

thanks

Gnaesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

One comment is to assign 'Net Book Value' to base value for the respective multi-level method then assign it to the corresponding depreciation key.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I have tried the method, but still my asset value does not does not change when the useful life ends, and the scrap value is not equal to 30% of the Net Book value.

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I tired again with the inputs you have provided, so now it is working fine and the calculation gets calculated from the Net Book value of the asset as per the requirement.

thanks a lot for your valuable inputs:)