cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in asset accounting, client has maintaing 5 deprecitation areas, but he is assing GL accounts onlly for book depreciation area.

In Specify transfer of values he assigned book depreciation(01) to other 4 deprecitation areas,

here my question is

GL account is not assinged to 4 deprecitaton So without assign GL, is amount picking form book deprecitation for four deprecitation areas.

please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind Sonalkar,

your right, other depreciation areas all are reporting purspse, reporting means asset vlaue and deprectain values included how to find deprecaiation value for particuaar asset.

Without assing GL. can we see the report as per that assignment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreehari,

Thanks, I won't assing the GL for other deprecitation areas, in Specify transfer of APC Values(FA-AA-Valutation-depreciation area-specify transfer values) here he assinged book dep area(01) for other four depreciation.

So Asper that assignement depreciation valuse is picking form book Dep. area to other deprection areaor not?.

Regards,

Guna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because the other areas are only reporting purpose. And as they need to derive the value of APC, it is derived from depreciation area 01. Thus it relects only in asset reporting and not in GL Accounts.

Regards

Milind Sonalkar

former_member1310440
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

for posting of depreciation we need to do the account determination in transaction AO90 without doing this we never get the updations for the depreciation posting at the depreciation run time in transaction AFAB.

i understand your case you assigned GL Accounts only one 01-book depreciation area

you need to assing another 4 depreciation areas same as 01-book depreciation area

Regards,

Sreehari