cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter line item in delivery document?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am confused is there any standard in SAP SD that we can enter one line item directly in delivery document?

I have a scenario for which i want to do this.

I am using material type DIEN and item category TAX for freigh billing. We want to create freight posting using dummy non valuated material DIEN. We will directly enter this material 9999 in delivery order.

I am doing this but system gives me error. I have assigned in T-Code 0184 delivery type LF item category group DIEN Item category for the higher level item TAN item category TAX. When i enter material 9999 in delivery document system gives me this error

*No item category exists (Table T184L LF DIEN )

Message no. VL320

Diagnosis

There is no item category available in item category determination in the delivery (table T184L) for the following entries: LF DIEN

System Response

The system does not allow further processing of this item.

Procedure

Specify the appropriate item category for the above mentioned entries or inform your system administrator.*

please suggest how to do this. Or if you have any better solution please suggest that. our requirement is that we want to post freight expense directly in freight expense GL and transporter GL. WE are not using transportation module instead we are using simple Sale order > Delivery order > Billing document process. Billing is created from delivery document.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use item category DLX and assign the same in T.code 0184 with yur delivery type and itm cat grp asign DLX and save.

you need to do some setting in delivery type defination to add item manually . in item requirment - add 202 routine- Order w.indep.item and save.

Now try

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram ki

I have done this and now its working. I have also maitained copy control for DLX from delivery type to billing type but when I try to create billing it gives me error.

The system checks whether this is a cross-company

situation, which means that it checks whether two different

company codes exist and whether billing status has been set

to intercompany billing.

Check in Customizing under Sales and Distribution->

Billing-> Intercompany billing to make sure all necessary

settings have been made.

This is not cross company billing. Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try with item cat DLN, please mainatin the entry in copy controld from delivery to billing.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DLN is valuated stock and for this i need store and quantity. I have created ZDLX item with no quantity check no store and batch required. I have also maintained copy controlled from delivery to billing document. I think the issue is regarding coy control routines. I dont know why this error is coming because there is no cross company involved in this billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

remove this item in delievry and try to create billing , is it processing correctly??/

I think the item categroy is mainatined in cross company billings, so system is picking, try to delete this item category from all deliervy to billing , expect your delivery and billing type copy controls and try again

Edited by: ram ki on May 17, 2011 10:16 AM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YEs after removing ZDLX it is working correctly with only TAN item. but i want ZDLX also as this is non valuated item with no stock no store no quantity. Only as text.

I have deleted ZDLX and created again. Deleted all copy controls and created only LF to ZOWS for my own billing. again same error

Edited by: moazzamjii on May 17, 2011 1:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make ZDLX item copy control setting same as TAN in VTFL and try...

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried this but the same error.

Still same issue. I have done and checked all customization mentioned above again but same problem

Any other solution for this query? How can i trigger this freight posting in mt scenario.

Edited by: moazzamjii on May 17, 2011 3:12 PM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Refer SAP Note 417383 - GN_DELIVERY_CREATE: Item category determintn after text item.

Thanks & Regards

JP

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Item category determination is working fine. Now i am getting this error while creating billing document with reference to delivery document.

6000054192 000020 Please check Customizing for cross-company

Diagnosis

The system checks whether this is a cross-company

situation, which means that it checks whether two different

company codes exist and whether billing status has been set

to intercompany billing.

Procedure

Check in Customizing under Sales and Distribution->

Billing-> Intercompany billing to make sure all necessary

settings have been made.

But actually this is not cross company transaction. Please help me in this regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this SAP note , very old but may be helpful to you

Note 92491 - VF162: Pls. check Customizing for cross company

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Check following fields in LIKP:

- VKOIV

- VTWIV

- SPAIV

- KUNIV

- FKDIV

If it is not a cross company scenario. It should not be populated.

Kindly refer to the notes:

- 109254 Customizing stock transport order Cross Company

- 308989 Consultant note for cross-company transactions

- 338922 Analysis note for Cross Company transactions (deliv.)

to check your customizing.

Thanks & Regards

JP

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your replies. The problem is resolved now. Issue was in material master data. I am using material type DIEN and the fields for loading group and transportation group were not maintained. Now i have maintained these fields and issuing plant fiield fills automatically and issue is resolved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your requirement is to add an item directly in the delivery, then the item category type is DLN.

In T.code 0184 assign DLN to your delivery type and check.

Regards

Madhu