cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Maint workcenter and workcenter in Maintenance order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PM Guru's,

i am little bit confusing regard the follow work center descriptions in maintenance order. In Maintenance order header data One Maint work center is there, and one more in Operation tab one more work center is there. Is these two work centers are maintenance related work centers or not? if these maintenance work centers how we can define these two separately? in which situation we can use these work centers? In general how we can define the work centers in plant maintenance ? for my client i created based on group of people, for maintenance people one work center and electrical people one work center , these two are i am using at Maint work center field. But i am not understand workcenter in Operation tab? please guide me , yours suggestions help me to overcome the mistakes if i did any thing wrong. i like to know the impact of the these two work centers use also? if user wants each work center for individual work center how i can map where i can assign this work center?

thanks & regards

Jalu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Pleas find your answer here:

Work Center: which can be man, machine, people any group of these where your equipment is installed. Mainly PP work center it is as your equipment is installed at production unit.

Mainwork Center: This is responsible for any task on this equipment. This can be again man, machine, people any group of these to perform task.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

keep simple when you wish simple....

Former Member

Dear Jalu

In Addition to koushal rai

In Maintenance header the work center which is displayed is copied from the equipment or the functional location on which the Maintenance order is been generated it is the Main work center for maintenance tasks which is in the organization tab of functional location or Equipment.

Now in the Operational tab the same workcenter is copied now it comes with you if there is an operation that is not been conducted by that work center here you can change the work center.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

from SAP help

The Main Work Center

The main work center usually represents one person or a department, responsible for ensuring that the maintenance work in an order is executed by the work centers performing the individual operations.

The Performing Work Center

The performing work center usually represents one person or a group of people who perform the maintenance work in the operations of an order.

Use

The Main Work Center

The main work center must be entered in the order header, whereupon its master data is copied into the order as a default.

During internal processing, the main work center is also used as a default for the performing work center.

In addition to the main work center, you can create a specific employee, who has been represented in the Human Resources (HR) component with their own master record, as Person responsible.

The Performing Work Center

In addition to the main work center, you can create a specific employee, who has been represented in the Human Resources (HR) component with their own master record, as Person responsible. You can also assign other employees to an operation in the Requirement assignment.

The performing work center is managed in the operation data for the order. It is proposed as a performing work center for the operations in the order. Since capacities are assigned to the performing work center and costs assigned using the activity type, the performing work center is required primarily for capacity planning, scheduling and cost determination.

It is also possible to create operations without entering a performing work center. A control key, which is not linked to a cost center or an activity type, must then be assigned to these operations. It may be that the operations are simply used for documentation purposes, for example, operations that only contain safety instructions or specifications for the production/resources tools to be used. Operations without a specified performing work center are also used in external processing.

Regards

thyagarajan