cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM 7.0 Vs 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Can anyone help me understand the differance between SAP PLM 7.0 and 7.01 ? I guess SAP PLM 7.0 is ECC 6 with EHP 4 and 7.01 is ECC 6 with EHP 5. I am basically looking for advantages of using SAP PLM 7.01 against 7.0.

Is there anyone who has worked on these two ?

Rgds,

SM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe 7.01 is still in ramp up and not been released yet. Any inputs about this?

> No, it is released since May 12th, last week.

Also if I have 7.0 installed and then I if I think of updating to 7.01, what extra needs to be installed?

> Apply EhP5 according to enhancement package installation guidelines. Then activate new PLM related Business Functions.

Please also be aware of the licenses needed for certain capabilities of SAP PLM 7. For productive usage of some of the new capabilities you will need to license "SAP Collaborative Product Development", for Guided Structure Synchronization "SAP Product Structure Synchronization".

Regards, Ulf.

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PLM 7.01 (ERP 6.0 EhP5) is a major step forward with regards to functionality.

Some of the highlights:

- New Product Structure Management (streamlined version of iPPE PVS and assemblies)

- New Engineering Change Record for more flexible ECR/ECO processing

- Guided Structure Synchronization for transition from engineering to manufacturing (or other type) BOMs

- Manufacturer Parts Visibility

- Support of Automotive long material number

- Enhancements of Engineering Desktop

- Other PLM Web UI enhancements

Please have a look at the Service Marketplace for more details:

[http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000731679&]

Since PLM 7.01 is now GA since last week - you should definitely go for it.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf.

I believe 7.01 is still in ramp up and not been released yet. Any inputs about this?

Also if I have 7.0 installed and then I if I think of updating to 7.01, what extra needs to be installed?

Rgds,

Sudharshan