cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Trex migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have some questions about Trex migration.

We have to migrate our Trex instances to another Hardware type (and operating system type).

Is it somehow possible to export the Trex database (indexes etc.) on the source Trex, and then import them on the new target Trex? I ask because i found another thread in here saying that this is only possible if the source and target OS is the same, and if the source and target Trex is the same version, I donu2019t know if this is true though?

Or is it easier to just install a new Trex, and then let it rebuild index etc.? And is this a feasible way to do it?

As you can see i don't know much about Trex, so any hints and good advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

there are different approachs for migartion TREX.

a) Install TREX on a new machine. And export the indexes and afterwards import the indexes. This is possible even you do not have the same TREX version. Because otherwise if you only want to upgrade your revision you just start the sapinst or install.sh at the same machine.

b) Intstall TREX on a new machine and re-index all.

But keep in mind TREX is not BIA. Even perhapts this is the same SAP software component.

So re-index could take about days.... not only 10 min. This depends on the type of objekts which should be indexed and of the volumne.

As well it is not recommanded in general to switch on delta. For BIA of cause but not in generel for TREX.

Best regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks for the reply guys, i think i will try and do the export-import thing.

I will try and look for some guides

Cheers,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

If you have done the migration can you please tell the step by step approach for the same.

Regards,

Mridul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the size of your TREX Master Index. We have BIA On Blade and We perform the Index Rebuild when needed. It takes about 10 minutes for our 1.2 Gig Index.

So Install Clean TREX on new Hardware and REbuild the INdex.

By default delta index is off, I recommend to make use of Delta Index after hardware migration.

Thanks

SM