Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Triggering WF when Inf Typ 0008 Changed

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I need to trigger a workflow when infotype 0008 has been changed at PA30.

Workflow has to send mail to an approver, once approver approved, chages has to update at database, when rejects, has to revert the changes back. How can I do this? Is there any standard workflow to do the Same.

Thanks in Advance.

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check by linking the event APPROVED of BASICPAY bor in the start events of the workflow and activate the event linkage and try to check. The workflow will trigger. IF the data is getting updated before the workitem is approved then, follow as below

But I think looking at your only after approval you wanted to store the updated data into the respective infotype..This can be acheived by creating a custom functin moudle with the same signature as it has for HR_EVENT_RULES_PA0008 and by making use of after and before image parameters you can achevie this.

And make an entry in SWEHR3 with same BOR BASICPAY and event APPROVED.

Regards

Pavan

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

When a new hire has been happend through pa40, what exit will trigger. in which user exit do i need to call my workflow. or any stnadard event is there to trigger workflow when new hiring happens?

Regards,

Venkat

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first you check if there are any events suitable for your requirement.

You activate the event trace in SWELS do your stuff manually and then see the event log SWEL for events you can use.

In HR the standard events are delivered in settings in transactions SWEHR1 and SWEHR2.

If you want to create your own, first look at the code of a function module linked to an HR operation in SWEHR2.

And if you understand how this works, you're going to copy one of those function modules, make your changes and add en entry, or entries in SWEHR3

This topic has come up before, so if anything isn't directly clear just search the forum first before posting new and basic questions.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't have to change SWEHR1 and SWEHR2 settings, only SWEHR3 if there are no events created.

For standard (or already created workflows and tasks) use transaction SWDM for business objects EMPLOYEET and BUS1065 and BASICPAY

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

using the event race SWELS and SWEL first check whether any events are triggered when you change the infotype 0008.

If there is no event, then you have to configure SWEHR1 and SWEHR3. Check SWEHR2 also.

Probably you have to create the custom event to trigger the workflow.

Thanks,

Viji.