cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM3.0 CD's...itemized content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - we are anxiously awaiting our MDM3.0 cd shipment and it would be very helpful to know exactly (by item) what comes w/ this. Can anyone share this info?

P. 16 of the MDM 3.0 Master Guide has a section 2.2 that lists out the requirements (basis sp's, plugin levels, etc) for the Master Data Client (MDC) systems. R3E 4.7 MDC's require a

"SAP XI Add-On 2.0, SP04 (APPINT200_620)".

I've gone out to the 'swdc' quicklink on the SAP Marketplace, and found more info on this. It refers me to oss note 439915. This note, then mentions that--

{The packed installation package APPINT.SAR is available in the APPINT/DATA directory on the CD "Exchange Infrastructure JAVA Component 2.0" or "Exchange Infrastructure JAVA Component 2.0 SR1"}.

So I'm trying to determine if this APPINT.SAR comes w/ the MDM3.0 cd shipment or not...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

As mentioned in the OSS 386761 2004 the APPINT.SAR does not come with the MDM 3.0 CD.

Sorry,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst, as far as my 2nd question (p.23 of the Master Guide talks about XI content for the MDC's which needs to be imported...) - I'm new to XI, but i am ASSUMING that this XI-Content for the MDC's actually is imported into the MDS (not the MDC's) - correct?

Also I checked the oss message#386761 and there are still a couple of open questions I am hoping you can clarify.

Thanks again.

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

XI content is needed for XI communication. There is nothing special about that regarding MDM.

From the XI point-of-view the XI server is in the middle of the net of XI clients. And the MDM server is also only a XI client.

So, any XI content needs to be imported on the respective XI client.

There is XI content for the MDM server, which comes - of course - with the MDM 3.0 CD.

And then there is XI content for the MDC clients. These XI contents are part of the MDCs and therefore you will need to download them form the Service Marketplace.

I will update OSS 386761 ASAP.

Bye,

Horst

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

I am sorry, but I was wrong regarding the place where to import XI content:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

So, any XI content needs to be imported on the respective XI client

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The XI content has ALWAYS be imported to the XI Server.

Furthermore, even if the XI content for the SAP Application components are marked as for "SAP DB" they can be imported to a XI 3.0 server w/o restriction to the database of this XI server.

As long as it is an XI 3.0 server.

Sorry again,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's something else we are trying to figure out if it comes w/ the MDM3.0 shipment....

p.23 of the Master Guide talks about XI content for the MDC's which needs to be imported into the MDC's...is this part of the MDM3.0 software set? Thanks!

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

As explained in the OSS 0386761 2004, MDM does not know what kind of MDC the customer is running. Furthermore it is in the scope of the respective Product like CRM to create and maintain its XI content. That's the idea of the XI to provide an interface to anybody.

As result, the MDM shipment can not contain the XI content of a MDC.

Sorry,

Horst