cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

per unit price and moving average price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody tell me the difference between the per unit price in the material master accounting view and the moving average price in the table MBEW-VERPR.

Because there is a difference in these values for all the materials in a plant.. Where comes the difference..

Karthick P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

There is surely difference between MAP & Price Unit fields in material master.

MAP indicates moving avg price for your material whereas price unit field means whatever MAP you've maintained is for how many units. e.g. say for example you've maintained MAP Rs 100 and it is price for 10 unit then you need to specify as 10 in price unit.

Hope this is the only thing you are looking for.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.. I am not asking about price unit. I am asking about Per unit price. For example, for a material, THe per unit price is 23567 and MAP is 23578.

How comes the difference..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

During production the cost of the material will be calculated either in MAP or standard price. Moving average price is not the actual price of the material. Let say, the raw material price is keep on varying every week. Eg. The price of ROH in Week 1 is Rs.100, W2 is 125 and W3 is 150. The price of the material in W1 will be Rs.100, W2 will be Rs.112.5 and in W3 it will be Rs.125.

If you take per unit price in W3, it will be Rs 150 where as MAP in W3 will be Rs.125.

Hope you understand.

Best Regards,

Umashankar