cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of support message in SOLMAN (NO CRM)

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to delete some support msgs from my service desk in solution manager. I have seen lots of threads regarding the same. but most of them suggest Note 1329247.

So far i have marked the deletion flag for those notifications and have deleted them by running the report Z_DELETE_BASIC_NOTIFICATIONS . The second part of this note needs to be executed in CRM. I do not have any CRM landscape in the landscape.

The msgs r still visible in CRM_DNO_MONITOR. they can not be archieved in Solman coz they do not have the obj for it.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Richa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved by self analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You dont need crm in your landscape.Solman itself contains crm processes. you should understood the sap note 1329247 clearly.

You can remove the Basis notification from database, but you cannt remove from crm_dno_monitor, you need to archive that?

you can find the archiving objectCRM_SERORD in solman itself.

if you done the part 1, as stated in the sap note please proceed as follows

2. In CRM

You cannot delete a service process in CRM. The service process must be archived.

Call transaction SARA and select the archiving object CRM_SERORD. Archiving involves three steps:

a) Initial run Report CRM_ARC_SERORD_CHECK

b) Write run Report CRM_ARC_SERORD_SAVE

c) Delete run Report CRM_ARC_SERORD_DELETE

When the delete run has completed, the service process has been deleted from the database and is in an archive file.

Please check

Thanks,

Jansi

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

@ Jansi,

SAP themselves have confirmed that the second part of the note has to be executed in CRM only. Have you done it in solman?

-Richa

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Richa,

Solution Manager has an in-built CRM. You need to do the CRM part of the note in the Solution Manager.

You can even check the CRM node in the SPRO, there is a CRM included in Solution Manager.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel ,

Thanks for your reply. You mean to say that Archiving needs to be done through SPRO?

-Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you checked the archiving object CRM_SERORD existed in your solamn system?(use the tcode SARA)

if yes, please follow the note.

And update the status, wil look.

Thanks,

Jansi

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

The obj CRM_SERORD exists in Solman. In SARA i choose this obj and do the preprocessing & Write activity. However these activities do not create any file for archiving. Even though the jobs finish successfully. I have checked the report CRM_ARC_SERORD_CHECK and it selects '0' objs.

This means that there are no objs that can be arcieved under CRM_SERORD object. I have checked the SARA customizing settings(Cross-obj & obj specific both) and they are set appropriately.

My question is, have you ever done this in a solution manager system?

-Richa

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said above, please check the residence time of the messages. Until and unless residence time for the message will not be elapsed after confirming the message, you cannot archive or delete the message.

Thanks

Sunny

richakhandelwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I have already checked the resident time, its set as 1 day. That is not the prob. I am still not sure if archiving needs to be done in solman or not as the note says it has to be done in CRM. Have you ever done it in solman? pls let me know.

Thanks,

Richa

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

solman system is based on CRM only. So, don't get confuse doing it in CRM system. As per the step mentioned in the note, you can use any method CRM one or other. Both method are same.

I have done archiving of messages many times. Only thing you need to make sure that once you will confirm open message and then after one day i.e. your resident time, you can archive and delete those messages.

Thanks

Sunny

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can also use CRM_ORDER_DELETE, to really delete CRM part of Solution Manager support messages.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

I'm also struggling with this and I don't know if you can assist. I'm able to run the first two reports, CRM_ARC_SERORD_CHECK and CRM_ARC_SERORD_SAVE, but when I have to run the last report, CRM_ARC_SERORD_DELETE, the archive that I created/saved is not listed for selection. Maybe I'm missing something. It does give a message that the archive was saved and all after the second report, but I can't find it when I have to delete it.

Help...

Regards

Sibusiso Mabuza

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check what is Residence time for the messages that you have defined in solution manager system. Only after that residence time message will be deleted after archiving.

Thanks

Sunny