cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_admin is being locked by system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I have a samll problem with one of my user access, iIgot 2 users, my own and the admin user like SOLMAN_ADMIN, the user SOLMAN_ADMIN is runnig some where in the background and it is getting locked its self , when i tried to log in with SOLMAN_ADMIN User it is popping up an error message "NO LOGIN POSSIBLE,TOOMANY FAILED ATTEMPTS", in my view this solman_admin is used by some of the back ground jobs or somewhere , where i enter my old password and it is still using the old password and getting locked, how to chase that , where it is beeing used and getting locked, can any one help me with this regard.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Solman_Admin user should not be defined as a user TYPE dialog.

This would be why the issue is occuring.

The user Solman_Admin should be defined as user TYPE Service.

This way the password does not expire (age), because Dialog users passwords age.

An RFC USER is not given a dialog, so they use the old password that has expired, saved in the RFC defintion.

You can unlock the user, but the password is aged/expired, so they need a new one. You can cjhange it in SU01

but it won't change in the RFC's where it has been stored.

So the password needs to be unlocked, the user must change to user TYPE SERVICE and you will need to fidn the RFC's that use Solman_Admin and store the new password there. Untill this is done, the password willcontinue to lock as the RFC will have the expired password and will fail the logon and lock the account again.

The problem is avoided by ensuring RFC users are always of user TYPE Service. This will prevent this situation from occuring, now tracking down the RFC's will be a labour.

Chances are it was configured during Solman_Setup

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Thanks for your explination

I did checked all the RFC's there is no RFC where user SOLMAN_ADMIN is being used.i do agree with you that teh RFC user must be a user type Service, but my SOLMAN_ADMIN is an user type Dialog from the begining mean to say from teh time of implementation.

I do know that for the user type Dialog age, in this case password for a user type Dialog will expire for every 30 or 15 days based on the perameter settings, but in my case password expires fpr every 1 hour, please advice me in this .Thanks.

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check all the SMD Agents for SOLMAN_ADMIN usage.

Open the file runtime.proprierties inside the configuration directory.

Best regards,

Guilherme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My solman_admin password is blocked I dont know how to log in and reset it. does someone know how to achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ouma don't you have any other user id with su01 authorization?Use that id to unlock it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to resete sap* and used it to unlock the solman_admin user. but the password keeps on expiring after a few hours there I need to keep it pamarnent.

I dont know how to change this in the rfc section Tcode sm59, any Ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ouma,

I suppose you solved this problem. If not, try to check the Solution Manager system preparation and basis configuration steps. In some of these steps you have to re-enter the solman_admin password and save it.

Greetz Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Logically thinking, needs the answer for the below query

1. Have you tried to unlock SOLMAN_ADMIN user from su01, and enter the new password?immediate after that also are you facing the issue of USER LOCKED?

If the answer yes, check in gateway traces you findout the which RFC using the user and got locked.

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning Jansi

Thanks a lot for your Quick response..

As soon i came to know that user SOLMAN_ADMIN was locked , i tried to log in with my own user and unlock that user through TX-SU01 and i do log in with SOLMAN_ADMIN after unloking, Once i logged out of SOLMAN_ADMIN and when i tried to log in again then the problem comes again, may an hour or so it gets locked.

I check all the RFC's that are created between Solution manager system and other sattillite systems like TMW or READ and trusted RFC's , They are all the RFC's are creatd by the system generated users only....i haven't used SOLMAN_ADMIN in any scenario, But i am not sure in terms of RCA and other stuff, i never touched JAVA stack..is that the reason....Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

other suggestions from my side

Enable SQL Trace(ST05) and see if you can get any details ?

Use SUIM tcode for this user to seewhat time and who locked user

Please check with java dev traces? and again gateway traces

You sure there is no batch job got failed ?

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try and run a simple user trace for that user, it should tell you what you need to know

Cheers!