Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid AP DP Invoice, PO Cancelled

jane_liang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to help to figure out how to handle the following situation in SAP (same vendor for PO#1 and PO#2)

1) PO #1 - $116

2) AP DP Invoice $90 - Paid by bank transfer

3) PO #2 - $300

4) Vendor cancelled PO#1 and said we could apply the $90 to PO#2.

Since the AP DP Invoice has already been paid by us for PO#1, how can I apply the $90 towards the second PO?

Thanks for your help.

Jane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

you'll need to reverse the payment, close the DPI & the PO & then re-enter the payment.

1.) Go to the outgoing payment, right-click & select 'Cancel'. Make sure you're using the same posting date. The journal that was created when posting the payment is now reversed.

2.) Go to the DPI (which is in status 'open' after cancelling the payment) & click on 'Copy to'. Select AP Credit note & copy all data. Make sure the posting date is the same as the DPI & add the document.The DPI is now closed.

3.) Go to the PO, right-click & select 'Close'.

4.) Open a new DPI & base it on PO#2, make sure you use the same posting date as the original DPI & add.

5.) Since the $90 has already gone from your real life-account, you need to create a manual outgoing payment based on this second DPI on the same date as the first one. Use the 'remarks' section to explain the posting. The accountant should have this info in order to be able to associate the real life payment shown on the bank statement with the correct DPI.

All the best,

Kerstin

jane_liang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to cancel the outgoing payment and I got the error message - "You cannot cancel an outgoing payment that was drawn to an invoice."

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jane

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try this it may help you

Cancle the Outgoing payment document which was posted for the first PO #1, then AP DP Invoice will reopen for second PO#2.

whenever we cancle the Outgoing payment document then all the JE will be reversed automatically.

Thanks

Manvendra Singh Niranjan.