cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing data between Views in SAP webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Do we have a standard example where we can pass data between views. i have three views and want to show data in third view based upon data selected in 1st and 2nd view. but i have hard time to do the same. I am using a main view with roadmap and view conatiner is there to call to call different views depending upon steps in roadmap and i also have buttons there for navigation.

any suggestion would be very helpfull.

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I think by using a node component controller you can easily get data across all the view i.e. select entries in the first and second view and get those details in third view.

Other than if you can pass the parameter by using the view outbound plug parameters.

Check what if your requirement can be met by using context node because that will be the easiest one.

Check below standard component in your system for view navigation :-

WDR_TEST_NAVIGATION_00

WDR_TEST_NAVIGATION_00

WDR_TEST_NAVIGATION_00

Regards,

Monishankar C

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

It's ok to have VCUI Element, do take care of visibility. For data exchange between two views, you always have to map your context and view nodes and that's the recommended way. Just try it, and you don't even need to refer to standard examples on this.

Regards,

Santosh

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to make use of Context mapping and Navigation plugs and links.

Add the data being used in first and second view in a Component controller node.

Map these component controller nodes with your view nodes.

Bind these nodes with your View UI elements.

If you want to show Third view only based on some action in 1st and 2nd view then make use of View container UI elements and empty views to control this behavior.

If you can explain your requirement clearly then i can suggest options.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello mani,

You need to elaborate your problem.

like wt is the esact problem you are facing while designing ur logic.

with the help of navigation links and plugs. you can easily navigate from one view to other by firing the plug action.

thanks

sarbjeet singh