cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to send e-mails from bo server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!!

I want to send some webi reports from my bo server to a email addres, but it show me the following message:

address error. [Error sending address(es) to SMTP server. Return code: [SMTP 550 - Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable.]. Reason: [email addres].]: [CrystalEnterprise.Smtp]

Can you help me please??

Ruddy Alvarado

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not put the IP of my bo server in our exchange server.

When i aggregated the IP in my exchange i can send the email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by aggregated your BO server IP in your exchange? could you please elaborate? I encounter the similar issue.

- Nivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing the same issue

server error. [CrystalEnterprise.Smtp]: [Error initializing SMTP server. Return code: [TCP send failed.]. Reason: [XXXX.XXXX.XXXX:25].]

- I tried with FQDN, IP address of SMTP server

- I was able to send e-mail to myself from command line useing telnet xxxxx.xxx.xxx 25 (so that means port 25 is open and communication is happening between BO servers to SMTP server

- No firewalls on BO servers (2008 VMware)

- Antivirus has been disabled on these servers (just to see if that is blocking anything)

What else I can check with my SMTP admin.

Anybody here has any ideas? Appreciate your inputs.

-- Nivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts any thoughts on this?

The SMTP functionality works with BOE XI3.1 SP3 FP3.5 on Windows 2003 server, but not works on Windows 2008 server. I can able to connect our organization's SMTP server outside BO from W2K8 server. Any known issues with BOE3.1 on Win2008 server?

--Nivas

0 Kudos

im on win2008 as well and having the same issue. was wondering if this was solved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ralvarado,

Can you provide a little more detail on "aggregated the IP in my exchange"?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to ping the SMTP server. SMTP servers are straightforward, and if you can ping them you would be able to send mails. Check if the port used by your enterprise mailing system is changed.

Raks

0 Kudos

Hi,

which version of BO with which Service Pack / Fix Pack are you using?

- Can you Ping the SMTP Server from the BO Server?

- Are the Setting really correct?

- Does the SMTP Server allow communication from 3rd Party Applications? (On some SMTP Servers this is disabled)

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all people!!!

I can solve the problem.

I did not put the ip of my bo server in our exchange server.

When i aggregated the ip in my exchange i can send the email.

Ruddy Alvarado