cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we run E-Recruiting server on 7.02 and have backend as Netwaver 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to have an arcitecture such as E-Recruiting server should be on 7.02 version where as backend ECC is on 7.01 version with EHP4.

Is this architecture supported by SAP and if supported does anyone has any helpful documents to setup such environment.

Regards

Aniket

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not have documentation related to this but I don not think there is a problem with this setup. I am sure you can even upgrade your e-Recruiting to 605 with 7.02 and still have the ECC 5 or 2004 - as long as they are on different instances. When you install the e-Recruiting instance there is nothing which you are required to activate on the ECC system. The communication between the 2 systems is only for Employee/Internal Candidate information. The employee information is transferred to e-Recruiting to create internal candidates through ALE. What is required in ECC in this case is the personnel data and setting up of the ALE. The other integration is also for the hiring where the employee is created through hiring action by data which is tranferred from e-Recruiting through RFC or XI. In case you need any additional data you can create your own Function Modules and use through RFC or SOA.

Regards,

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found one SAP note 550993 which will give you more information on this. And this note says E-rec 605 will be on 7.02 as I explained earlier.

Also, I just found that EHP5 is released for general use.

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so this scenario will work because E-Rec on portal will be on 702 release. But in backend system E-rec will be on 604 release which is corresponding to netweaver 701 release. Whereas netweaver 702 release will be corresponding to E-rec 605 which is EHP5. And EHP5 is not available for general release.

Thanks

Sunny