cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Items Displayed For Single Task In Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Employees are entering time and there managers are getting the tasks in the UWL inbox, but there are always two items for each one. When the manager approves one of the items the other one disappears. What can cause this?

Thanks,

Redding

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for your input. I gave everyone points even if the answer wasn't on track. I've fixed the problem. We had several systems configured but two of them were configured as the same type, WebBlowConnector, the first one and the last one listed below:

• SAP_HCM WebFlowConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_2 ActionInboxConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_3 AdHocWorkflowConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_4 AlertConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_5 SomProviderConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_6 WebFlowConnector SAP_LocalSystem

I removed the last one and the problem was solved. Nothing was using the last one as no system alias called SAP_LocalSystem had ever been created!

Thanks for your help.

- Redding

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I might see what the problem is. We have the following Universal Workflow Systems configured:

• SAP_HCM WebFlowConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_2 ActionInboxConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_3 AdHocWorkflowConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_4 AlertConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_5 SomProviderConnector SAP_HCM

• SAP_HCM_6 WebFlowConnector SAP_LocalSystem

• SystemRef_1 AdHocWorkflowConnector AdHocSystem

• SystemRef_2 ActionInboxConnector ActionInbox

I have no idea why it was setup this way, but there are two WebFlowConnectors configured, SAP_HCM and SAP_HCM_6. Could this be the problem?

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to refer to SAP Note 1471245.

Thanks

Prashant

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Redding,

Your issue reminds me of the problem that I faced long time ago. The mistake that I did was that i configured 2 systems in UWL for the same back end. In your case also similar thing might have happenned.

In System Administration I configured a SAP system with 2 different aliases. Then i registered the system 2 times in UWL with different alias each time. So now UWL has 2 back end systems to get workitems from, though in reality actually it is only one sap technical system. So UWL was hitting the same back end system twice wit 2 different alises and getting the same data twice. The moment i unregistered one of the etnries from UWL the duplicate work items disappeared.

Check if it is the same in your case too.

regards

--

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Redding,

My guess as to why this is set up this way is because you use both WebDynpro Abap and Webdynpro java workitems. This is incorrect configuration and in the newer versions of the UWLJWF it is not possible to set up the same connector twice to the same backend systems. However, two of the same connectors registered to the same backend system will cause duplication. What version are you using? Is delta pull enabled? To see if the duplication resolves itself do the following....remove one of the connectors, then clear the UWL cache. Are you still seeing duplication? If so please answer the above questions that I asked.

Beth Maben

EP - Senior Support Consultant

AGS Primary Support, Business Suite & Technology

• Please see the UWL Wiki @

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bpx/uwl+faq ***