cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talent Management u2013 manager view of assessment created by previous manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within talent management MSS, if an employee moves into a new position - their new manager can create new assessments for the employee even if the previous manager has already completed assessments. Per SAP documentation (http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/29/8e99f5c95f443eb437c250ace27941/frameset.htm and subsequent frames), standard allows both managers to complete the assessment. The assessment value will be averaged between the two ratings and there is a badi HRTMC_ASSESSMENT_AVERAGE available to change how the value is rating is calculated. However, the new manager cannot display the previously created assessments.

A similar thing happens where new managers cannot see previous assessments for employees within the assessment tab of the Talent profile. No data Available is displayed even though assessments exist but were created by a different appraiser.

Our end users would like to provide the new manager display access to the previously created assessments.

I have found that it is possible via PHAP_ADMIN to change the appraiser on a completed assessment by changing the status, then updating the appraiser, then saving as completed, however the only change visibility is within the action log of the appraisal (if the logging was turned within the template - the activation can be done in the 'TMC Catalog for Appraisal Forms' (transaction HRTMC_CATALOG_TMC) in the tab 'Processing'. There you'll get different log levels. The log can be viewed by transaction SLG1 and object=HRHAP00 and subobject=DOCUMENT. Or directly within the PHAP_ADMIN display), and then it is the same assessment to be rated, not a new appraisal to be completed by the new manager.

Does anyone know if it is possible to allow a new manager/appraiser display access to assessment created by someone else within MSS? If so, how?

Does anyone if it is possible to limit the number of assessments per analysis period regardless of how many managers and employee may have within the period?

Thank you,

Becky Zick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Yes, this is still an issue for us. I've logged a similar message with SAP, but have yet to see a response, It is currently 'in processing' with SAP, which I'm hopeful for some response as this didn't immediately get deferred to consulting. I've also been in contact with our SAP EHP5 ramp up coach, and am also waiting for a response.

If you've any further input to share, it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Becky Zick

Chris_Thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Becky,

I am curious to know if you have looked at modifying the feeder class program that feeds the HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS application.

We are modifying the method get_selection_criteria to add another dropdown so we can display two levels (a division manager can see his direct report's direct reports) and also to use our custom supervisor position to employee position 'manages' relationship/evaluation path.

My thought was that you could write the selection criteria to give me all of the reviews for my direct reports regardless if I am the manager or not... Thoughts ?

Chris Thomas

Duke University

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Becky

Did you ever get a solution for this? We are facing the same issue as we would like managers to have display access to appraisals on their employees made by previous managers.

Kind regards

Aage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke,

Thank you for your reply u2013 dare I tell you, though, I cringed when I saw u201CGood Lucku201D as your signoff!

Hereu2019s where weu2019re at. Weu2019re developing on EHP5 rampu2013up. The notes which you suggested do not apply to our scenario.

This is a section from an OSS note relevant for EHP4, Note 1326415 - Talent Management: Various corrections , the section below is taken from the section noted as u201CThe corrected system response and its effects on the different roles (MSS/TMS) is as follows:u201D

<snip>

Talent profile

Overview page (MSS and TMS)

The following categories display the mean values that were calculated: core competencies, derailers, risks, performance, potential.

Talent assessments in detail (subcategory of the "Assessment" tab page)

TMS: If several documents exist for one process, you can now select these individually from a dropdown list box that lists the different managers.

Therefore, in example 1 above, the dropdown list box would display two values: one for manager 1 and one for manager 2. The system always selects the first entry (in the example above, manager 1) by default and displays the corresponding document. If you select the entry for manager 2, the system displays their assessment form.

MSS: Only the manager themselves can display their own document. For this reason, no dropdown list box exists for selection here.

<snip>

Which implies to me that managers, by SAP design, should only be able to see the appraisals they created.

We are seeing that within the talent profile, on the Overview tab, a manager can see the assessments which theyu2019ve created, as well as having the capability to navigate to the actual assessment via the u2018More...u2019 within the overview tab. A manager who has completed assessments for their employees also has a u201CTalent Assessmentu201D tab available on the talent profile where they can access individual assessments (which displays just as they do within the assessment section).

Within the talent profile, higher level managers with multiple levels underneath in the org structure have visibility to any assessment information that is configured to be in the Talent Profile overview screen. If an assessment has 10 elements and the config has set up for only displaying 3 elements, only the three elements display. There is no u2018More...u2019 button available to offer assessment detail information. A u201CTalent Assessmentu201D tab is visible, but only contains the assessments which that manager completed.. In theory, we could include all assessment information within the Talent Profile overview screen, but that would be cumbersome and wouldnu2019t allow for managers to view any notes entered (we have some required notes configured).

In the end, we are in need of a way to ensure managers have display access to the assessment of the employees that report to them, regardless if they are direct reports or lower level reports and regardless of who completed the assessments.

We are working to bring up the standard BI Content for 705 which includes reporting around the new Talent Management functionality, but we will not have that productive in time to meet the business needs.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Becky Zick

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Sorry I haven't replied - I have been very busy with projects. Is this still an issue for you? If so I will look into it.

Best regards,

Luke

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Becky,

This is a tough one! For your Talent Profile, one or more of these SAP notes may help for the display. Appraisal data should display in MSS irrelevant of the appraiser.

1396429 - Previous performance and potential values

1503188 - Talent profile: Performance or potential overview empty

1567740 - PMP documents are not displayed in talent profile

Good luck!

Luke