cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Cate. determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Does anyone know how i can check within a sales order that how the item category is being assigned to an item? Is there any analysis method?

The issue i am having is, in our production system wrong item cat. is being assigned to an item. But its working fine in the quality system. I checked the item category determination in both systems and its setup identical.

Both systems have same "sales ord. type + item cat. group and usage"

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Item Category Determination , there is an option of Main Item Category & Multiple Item Category. In such case , system will pick by default Main Item Category & still User can change Item Category if it is maintained in Multiple Item Category.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In item category determination the manual item categories wil be maintained, which can be entered during order creation. Any changes done before saving teh order will not be tracked in order changes. Might be in your scenario the user who entered teh order has changed the item category before saving the order because of which it is not tracked in order changes.

You can try the same in qa system for your reference. Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check for your order type which item category is assigned in VTLA - Order to Delivery copy control.

Regards

Madhu

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then check the material master->sales; sales org2 view. Check the item category group and general item category group are assigned with correct values. Also check in t.code VD52 for the customer+material combination, what value is assigned in the field Item usage.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Shiva.

Yeah i have checked in MM>Sales org2 and all other settings in MM as well. They are identical for both items.

Not sure what else could be making the system grab wrong item category.

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Just a thought check if the item cat was manually changed...

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, item cat wasn't changed manually.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned in my previous posting, did you check VD52 record->item usage field? If the value is correct, then you may need to re-transport the settings regarding to item category determination.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva. Sorry i forgot to mention i did checked in VD52 and no record exits in production and quality systems.