cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WriteFile Authorization Specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to use WriteFile from Mii 12.1.4 and my infrastructure guys are confused in regards to the authorizations that are needed at the file share level to enable the action.

If I have file "//share/temp/file.txt" the Mii 12.1 help tells me the "Internet Guest Account" must have write access to this directory. My infrastructure guys tell me this seems like this documentation is a leftover from when Mii ran with IIS.

Can someone please tell me what user id needs to have access to the file share?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The user that netweaver is running as, look at the netweaver services, will need access to the path. A share most likely will not work, it's usually profile based. Your infrastructure guys are correct, the Internet Guest Account relates to IIS.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jamie. It looks like the 12.1 documentation is out of date as it still specifies the Internet Guest Account:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/44/7108019EA03ABEE10000000A155369/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

have a look

I had previouly asked quite the same question. Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved this problem.

After adding the NW Service user id to the network share with the proper permissions Mii was still not able to write to the file location.

We attempted to restart NW and Mii with no success.

Rebooting the entire NW/Mii Server after assigning the proper permissions was the solution.

Thanks