cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with migrated transformation rule after transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have migrated couple of update rules and transfer rules to transformation rules. All the transformation rules are active in development environment.

The issue is when we transport these transformation rules to QA, one of the fields of datapacket dimension "RECORD" becomes &R1& in the global structure of start routine and therefore, transport fails in QA. Along with this we had another issue that if we add any additional fields in the cube or ODS structure, the global structure in start routine doesn't change after transport in QA. Basically, it seems like it doesn't do anything when we do transport.

We tried couple of things by transporting entire flow inclding target and source objects, we also tried transporting only transformation with overwrite mode. But none of the things worked. We also have logged the message with SAP.

SAP suggested us to open the QA environment and perform the change manually. We did it and obviously we could activate the transformation rules. But when we tried to re-transport the transformation, it is keep failing with the error "Syntax Error". My assumption has after the transport, the field has become &R1& again.

Has anybody faced such issue? We are on Ehp1 SP7.

- Danny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

We did migration of rules couple of years back and faced similar issue. When we added new fields to the DSO, the global structure in the start routine with declarations doesn't get updated. We had to manually put in the declarations and activate the transformations. Not sure if SAP has a fix for it now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali,

Yes as I mentioned SAP suggested us to open the box and do it manually, but once we are done with the manual changes, we tried transporting the same transformation rule again, which I guess going to be the case in case of any future enhancement. Transport failed and it says "Syntax Error".

The transformations we activated manually in the target system are active, but when we try to load the data, it throws the exception error.

Any clue ?? Is it working fine in your system after you did manual changes? Did all future transport go well ?

- Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

We never had issues after importing the rules into target systems. We made changes in Dev and moved to other systems. The changes got imported fine. We never had to open systems and manually do changes. Sorry, I did not mention this earlier.