Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects-MS Project - import and export of task-role-resource assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on PPM5.0

We are currently working on cProjects-MSP client integration.

What we have not been able to configure for import/export so far is:

1. Task-Role-Resource assignment

Whereas we are are able to import/export the "Person Responsible" and "Role Responsible" fields, we have not been able to align the task-role-resource assignments.

We see a "Resource Name" column (Standard) in MSP. When we click on the drop down, we see all the roles from the cProjects project. But the alignment does not happen.

Summary:

On export and import, we need to automatically see the role-resource-task assignment. How is this possible?

2. Code field to "VC_BUPA_GUID" gets a number which is not the BP ID.

Is it possible to import the BP numbers in MSP. Also, how can we assign a number to the role in MSP such that on import into cProjects, the role is already staffed with the corresponding BP.

3. Is it possible to export all the resources (BPs) into a drop down in MSP - like we see the Project Type, Role Type etc.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I think note 958210 will help you. Excerpt from the note

Resources attached to the Microsoft Project are transferred as Project Roles in cProjects. To create a Project Role in cProjects Project from Microsoft Project, it is necessary to mark a resource in Microsoft Project as Project Role with the Role Type.

There were many errors also in MSP export/import for roles. Notes 1454611, 1512363 solve some of the issues. Check for your version.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Thanks for your inputs.

When we export to MSP, we see the cProjects roles under the "Resource Name" drop down in MSP.

However, they are only seen when we expand on the drop down.

For e.g. RoleA, and RoleB are two roles in cProjects project, along with many other roles.

Both of these roles are assigned to a task, say TASK1.

When exported to MSP, we expect both of these roles to show against TASKI, as "RoleA, RoleB" under the "Resource Name" column. However, these roles are not seen. They only appear as elements of drop down, along with all other roles in the project, when we explicitly click on the drop down.

Please let me know if I are missing out on something.

Thanks.

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you mapped Text3 to ROLE_RESPONSIBLE or ROLE_RESPONSIBLE_EXTID?

Check Text3 in MSP.

Not sure about the exact problem

Regards,

Anuradha

ashish_aswale
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Did you get any solution for this i am facing the same problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashish