cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center wrongly getting picked up in Accounting Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an issue. In the accounting document the credit line item picks up the correct profit center which is maintained in the assigned Internal Order. Whereas the debit line item is picking up some wrong profit center in the accounting document which it should not be picking. It should pick up the same as for the credit line item.

Can you let know your thoughts on the root cause for this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in OKB9 your cost objects.

check in AS03 your cost center in asset master data. In KS02 you can check profit center assigned

regards.

Edited by: Marssel Vilaça on May 16, 2011 2:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for the answers. I checked the settings of AS03, KO03, OKB9.

AS03 is containing cost center starting with DA31

KO03 is containing DA26

OKB9 is containing cost cenetrs DAHQZDSHZRD.

Credit line item is picking the PC DA26.

Debit line item is picking DAHQ.

Please advise in the correction of the settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, do you have IO in as03? Because in derivation PC from AS03 IO has a priority under the cost center

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prithwi,

OKB9 can't assign a profit center in Assets line item since it isn't profit/loss account record.

Check if there is any substituition rule in his case. Check t-code OBBH. Go to Menu: Extras -> Activate trace. Make a test posting again and you will find the Rule.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex and Marcel,

Thanks for your answers. I have checked the settings of OBBH throughout. It is not containing the Profit center DAHQ under any steps. 2 steps contained DAHV and DAHB.

I have also checked, there are no IOs in the asset master data..It is containig only the cost center and plant.

Can you please suggest what else settings we can check to find out why it is deriving the valuse of Profiit center DAHQ.

Thanks,

Prithwi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, and which PC in Cost center(which in as03)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if you have maintained default profit center for the GL in FAGL3KEH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex and Lolu,

AS03 is containing DA31 PC and DA31A03210 as CC, not DAHQ. Idealy it should pick up DA31 only.

I checked in 3KEH Gs. All are set as DUMMY-PC.

Can you please suggest forward.

Thanks,

Prithwi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,as per my knowledge you can't to assign PC to asset directly, only Via IO,wbs element, if there is no it, then CC.

Anyway, you want that in posting(asset item) appear PC from another item? And this PC doesn't maintained in IO,CC which in as03? So I'm not sure that you have write process, may be IO or CC is wrong in as03 and you need to change it.

Or you can use splitting to populate PC to asset item.

Edited by: alex ice on May 25, 2011 10:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithwi,

I hope u are working on ECC 6.0 with document splitting active.. pls confirm. If yes the credit and debit line item has to be same or the balancing line items has to be posted. Can u check the entry in GL view?

Best Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We have the CC and plant assigned in AS03. We want that PC ony to get picked up in account document postings, ie. DA31. But , it is getting picked up DAHQ..I don't know why?

Hi Vinay,

We are not in ECC6.0, we are in ECC 4.6C..New GL functionality is not there.

Thanks,

Prithwi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,this is the only asset for which PC is wrong?

Also PC doesn't derive from plant while posting to asset

So you have only CC in as03, and not any other account assignments?

Also put a model of doc, which you're posting (Dr,Cr).

And why are want to put another PC from PC which in cost center(form as03)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

'It should pick up the same as for the credit line item'-why, from where it'd derive?Is it your own development?And what the model of this document?In which tcode it was posted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

No there hasn't been any separate development. While posting through the Tcode F-02, the internal order assignment is maintained. the internal order is containing the the profit center. Which is getting picked up in the display document in FB03. The debit line item is having a posting to the asset. Which is not picking the correct profit center. The debit line item is also containing the internal order assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if you customized ASCET, then PC for asset item'd derives from IO which in AS03