Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GET PARAMETER: user parameter not consistant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got a data element ( /SAPSLL/LGREG ) for which I have assigned a user parameter in my user's profile. The parameter value assigned under "maintain user profile" is Parameter ID: /SAPSLL/LGREG, Parameter value: ZLOC.

The program I am running executes the command:

GET PARAMETER ID '/SAPSLL/LGREG' lv_lgreg.

In most cases it retrieves the value 'ZLOC' into lv_lgreg which is what I expect based on the user's parameter, however in some cases 'ACE ' is retrieved into lv_lgreg unexpectedly.

'ACE ' is a value that exists in the value table for the data domain /SAPSLL/LGREG ( table /SAPSLL/T606G ).

Does anyone know why in some situations the User Profile Parameter would not be retrieved by the GET PARAMETER ID statement, and instead one of the values from the data domain's value table would retrieve instead?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put break-point on SET and check if the value is getting set somewhere before it calls for GET....

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put break-point on SET and check if the value is getting set somewhere before it calls for GET....

0 Kudos

Yes I tried putting a breakpoint on SET PARAMETER, but that statement is not encountered in the program prior to the GET PARAMETER statement. I had assumed that in a situation like this the user's paramater should be retrieved, but it seems that instead it is somehow retrieving from the Values Table. Could it be that it picks up the last value from some other program? This only seems to happen ocasionally.

0 Kudos

Yes it is possible that the value is getting picked from some other transaction as Parameter Ids are session specific.

If you are working on custom code where it reads Parameter Id then you may select an entry from table USR05 which stores the user defaults for Parameter Ids.

beyhan_meyrali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

LM00 calls L_USER_DATA_GET function and in that function reads MLV parameter for user.

Check your profile(SU01/parameters) if MLV is set there. If that does not exists, probably a code set there, just close your all sessions and logon again.

Hope that helps.