cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Street prefix and street suffix not available in purchasing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. We have noticed a problem that I think has always been around but only just been spotted by users as an issue on our SRM 5 system.

When we maintain delivery addresses in BBPADDRINTC there are 2 fields "Street prefix" and "street suffix" that map to street 2 and 4 in table ADRC.

We can maintain these fields no problem in BBPADDRINTC and they print on the purchase order fine.

However, if the user goes into the delivery address tab in the shopping cart or PO these fields are not visible.

If the user changes the delivery address without pressing undo entries the prefix and suffix still print on the PO even though the user can not see them.

We would also like to be able to use these fields in the shoping cart and PO.

I checked the GUI screen and these fields are not there, although they are in the table. Does anyone know if it is possible to add these 2 fields to the template? Is there any way of adding and custom fields to the delievry address tab?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Dave.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even though the fields Street Prefix / Sufix are available in the

address maintenance screen, they are not available in

the procurement documents, like Purchase Orders or Shopping Carts.

Other versions of SRM do not have the field in the ship-to address

of these documents as well.

The fields STR_SUPPL1 (prefix) and STR_SUPPL3 (suffix) are not

implemented in those screens.

However, you can modify the responsible screens of the POs and carts

in order to add the fields. Please note that after adding the field

to the screens you would need to modify the templates, and enable the

field in the the code as well.

However this is a considerable change.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thanks for the response.

When you say it would be possible to add the fields to the screen and also the template, how would you change the screen?

It's an SAP standard screen so changing it would be a modification wouldn't it? We don't want to go down that route.

Do you know a way of adding the fields to the screen without modification?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to fix this by "borrrowing" 2 unused fields and reaming them in the template to "prefix" and "suffix".

I then used enhancement spots in the PBO and PAI of the screen to move the values from the real fields into the borrowed fields and back again.

It took a while but got it all working nicely.