cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a second domain to BPC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I need to add users from a second domain to my BPC setup.

The domains are completely unrelated (not parent/child or anything), so I need to know what I need to do.

I assume that I need to add a trust relationship in Active Directory, but are there any specific additions that I need to make to BPC (any entries in the database or anything like that)?

I can't find anything on doing this, so if anyone has any ideas (or better yet, if anyone has actualy done this before), please let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pie,

If you add users in Active Directory under your specific domain, they will have access to BPC. There is no Parent or Children type of hiearchy for they users of BPC. Once they are given access then you can restrict them in their profile and also assign them to the teams accordingly.

The parent-child realtionship exists in dimensions when you create hierarchy based on that.

Hope this clarifies.

Rgds,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pie,

there are two ways to achive this:

1. Go to the BPC application server Start->All programs->SAP->BPC server 7.X. After that go to Options->define system user groups. there you configure the new domain that you want to work with. After you finish the domain configuration you only have to push the update button. Finally you have to enter to bpc Administrator and there the new domain that you configure will be avaliable.

2. You can go to BW to transacction Se16 and enter to the table UJE_USER, there you can update the table with the users of the new domain like "Domain\username"

(note: if you want to use the second choice you will have to know the user id of the ew user that is configurated in the domain)

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guillermo

That seems to make sense.

I'll give it a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I just found something in the NW Ops manual, but need clarification:

DDIC Table Name: UJA_DOMAIN

Remote Function Call: UJ0_API_BPC_CONFIG_05

Configuration data included: Supported domain

Table Fields:

MANDT u2014 SAP GUI Logon Client Number

GROUP_NAME u2014 The logic group of the system user

DOMAIN_TYPE u2014 Specifies whether the system is running in domain or work group mode

DOMAIN_NAME u2014 Name of the domain

READ_ONLY u2014 Indicates whether the value can be changed

So once the domains trust each other (I assume I can configure the usual 2-way transitive trust in this scenario),

does this mean that I can simply add entries to this table and BPC should allow users from the additional domain, or is there more to it than this?

Thanks again