Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing sensitive data in Adobe forms - PCR Workflow

lori_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are beginning a project to use Personnel Change Requests (PCR) in MSS. Workflow will be used for the approvals.

The PCRs are being developed using Adobe Interactive Forms.

If I understand correctly, the manager entering the data, must have authority to read the infotypes used to populate the adobe form.

Once the form is saved/submitted and the workflow started, does the receiver also have to have authority to read the infotypes used to populate the forms?

What about the workflow administrators? Will they also need authority to read the infotypes?

Is the authority check "dynamic" - that is, when opening the workflow and viewing the adobe form, will P_ORGINCON be checked?

We use Contextual Structural Authorizations (P_ORGINCON) to control access to HR data in our ECC system. MSS will authenticate to to our ECC system.

It is our desire that an authorization check on object P_ORGINCON be performed for everyone who accesses the adobe form.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

If you read HR Master data and display it on the form my assumption is that you require read authorisations (P_ORGINCON) to the data. But if you simplly have form where you have to fill information then you don't need the authorisation. Depending on the workflow process the actual approver requires the write access to maintain the HR Master data unless workflow batch user is used to update the data. Normally it goes back to HR to do the final steps so they should have the access anyway. When I last did this "normal MSS P_ORGINCON" authorisation were enough for managers to use PCR's.

Regards,

Saku