cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for ABAP program in SAP

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, We are on BODS 3.2. We created an ABAP dataflow to extract data from SAP tables. I selected ABAP execution option as "Generate and Execute". The Job ran fine and I could get data. This means that ABAP program is installed in SAP through BODS. I tried to look into SAP for same "ABAP Program Name" but could not find that program in SAP

Now I change the ABAP execution option to "Execute Preloaded". When I run the same job then it fails with error "RFC CallReceive exception<PROGRAM_DOES_NOT_EXIST>.

I thought that the ABAP program would be installed when I ran Job first time and I could use execute preloaded second time.

Can someone please clarify what is happening when we use "Generate and Execute"? Will it not install the program in SAP and I can use "Execute Preloaded" next time.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I agree. It would remove the code after the job is run. We decided not to use BODS to install Abap program but use SAP process to load Abap program and call that from BODS.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please share the authorization details for the service id inorder to successfully execute a job in "generate and execute mode"?

We are having S_DEVELOP and S_ADMI_FCD authorization currently to the service id that commmunicates to the BW. But is there any specific value that needs to be set to A_ADMI_FCD.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To "execute preloaded" ABAP programs you must first load them into SAP, this can be done manually (give the basis team the generated ABAP - from the SAP DataStore specified Generated ABAP Directory) or via the designer (right click on an ABAP dataflow in the local object library and select 'generate ABAP', an option appears to upload the generated ABAP.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the "generate and execute" option removes the ABAP.

Michael

Edited by: Michael Eaton on May 16, 2011 6:20 PM