cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLDDSUSER password getting locked on ESS portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I also have a problem with the slddsuser password getting locked on the ESS portal.

1) The SLD is on the same server. Portal 7.0 and this is the ESS/MSS portal.

2) The connection is to ECC abap, the slddsuser that the password is getting locked is a ume user on the ESS portal.

3) There is no expiry for the password the -1 one setting is used for UME users.

4) Right now with the ESS portal up and running this user and password is not locked.

Problem, just starting last week the ESS portal has been running for a year with no issues. I had to stop and start twice last week for various reasons. ( i also rebooted the linux server). On startup the slddsuser password was locked and the jco's etc would not work and basically the ESS portal was broken.

I did have a work around by going into VA and re typing the password which unlocked the password.

My main concern is why is this suddenly happening and what/who is locking the password fot the SLDDSUSER which is the SLD Data Supplier user.

thanks

brad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Somewhere the SDLUSER password is mentioned wrongly. When its trying to connect to the SLD with the wrong password its getting locked.

Check the default trace file and search using SLDUSER and you can get how its getting locked.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, yes am doing that now and cant really find any new/unique pattern. Plus the trace is pretty hard to follow. Cant really figure out any times stamps in the trace also. The current trace file is defaultTrace.18.trc and it has very simiiar content as some of the older ones before the problem. Right now the ESS portal is working and the slddsuser password is not locked. It seems the problem takes place on start up?

/usr/sap/ESS/JC77/j2ee/cluster/server0/log

Tough thing to test in production.

I wonder what takes place at startup that would kick this problem off?

brad

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Please check the latest default trace in the NWA>Logs and search for SLDDSUSER for more information to find the root cause. Also check the SLDDSUSER is a service user or not. It should be service user to avoid locking in the portal.

Please try to login with SLD and check if you can find some logs there. Also check the SLD Data Supplier in Visual Administror.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Check this SAP Note: 1426723. It discusses the issue.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

Thats a great document and in the VA I can update password and run the two tests. But again this morning the slddsuser password is locked again? I just dont know what is causing this to happen. When i go onto the ESS portal as administrator I can see the password for slddsuser is locked. There is no password unlock in that area (just a user unlock).

Would it make sense to update the password in the portal admin user area also?

Still trying to figure out root cause of this user getting locked.

thanks

brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

It shows that somewhere the SLDDSUSER passsword is mentioned incorrectly and when its trying to update the SLD the user is geeting locked.

Please get the latest default trace file and search with SLDDSUSER. You will get more info regarding the exact cause of it getting locked.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was caused by the DEV SLD attempting to logon to my Prod SLD to get updates. I knew the PROD SLD went for updates from the DEV but did not remember that it went both ways.

The SLDDSUSER password was updated for the connection to the PROD SLD and all was good.

thanks for the help from everyone.

Answers (0)