cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the doc total amount is not matched with the total item line amount?

former_member244307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently when i try to update something in sales order via my add-on, i got an error said u201CThere is a difference between the document total and its components. [ORDR.DocTotal][line: 0] Iu201D Then i checked the sales order in SAP B1, I found the document total amount was not matched with the item line total amount. Actually the item line is quite simple, there is only one item line with qty 1. How comes the document total could be different with the amount from item line? I know the document total amount is a read-only field which is calculated automatically by SAP. This is really weird for us, we don't know how this happened.

Has anyone experienced similar situation like mine and how this happens?

Thanks,

Lan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member244307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I believe that this sales order were created and modified through regular operation inside SAP B1 not through DI or add-on. My quesion is how this happen inside SAP B1 client. Because I found this sales order when we tried to do something else in add-on, then we noticed this weird issue. I am wondering in which case or what kind of operation inside SAP B1 will cause this issue. For example, is it possible there is bug in the SAP B1 when SAP calculating the document total amount wronly in a very specific case?

Thanks,

Lan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible. What is your B1 version and PL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lan.......

This generally happens when you set the currency rounding off.

Please check and give proper amount so that you can overcome error......

Regards,

Rahul

former_member244307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Here is the info of our SAP B1 version: SAP B1 2007A(8.00.181) SP:00 PL:49

Thanks,

Lan

former_member244307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

The problem is the difference is quite big and the qty is just one, the unit price in item line is 486.xx and the document toal amount is 482.xx. The currecy is local currency. So it is hard to explain...

Lan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may need upgrade your version if it is due to bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this same issue and I have additional information.

I am on ver. 8.8 PL 16.

Periodically (mulitiple times a week), when a Sales Order is created, the Doc Total amount is -zero- when there are clearly items that have a price associated with them. This causes an error when Adding the document. Sometimes, I can just change the quantity of one of the items, which forces the Doc Total to update. Most of the time this does not work, though. I end up having to restart the SAP client and then everything begins to work as it should.

This behavior is occuring on mulitple machines in our office.

Earlier in this thread, Rahul mentioned that they currency rounding was turned off and that this could be part of the problem. In fact, we were having issues with Currency Rounding and did turn it off not long ago. Rahul, can you explain better what you meant by "give the proper amount so that you can overcome the error..."

Randy Davis

Denver, CO

Edited by: Randy Davis on May 16, 2011 2:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should check defaut tax code for that item Code and currency for customer.may be it will help you .

Thanks

Manvendra Singh Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lan,

Have you checked this: ?

Thanks,

Gordon