Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh the ALV Tree

former_member687052
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an ALV Tree report developed using the OOPS. In my ALV Tree output, I have some buttons which will update the database after clicking. The data is correctly updating in the database. But, it is not getting updated in the ALV Tree display. That means, it is not REFRESHing the ALV Tree display. We have to again execute the program in order to see the updated output.

Could anyone please suggest me how to Refresh the ALV Tree display..?

We can't use the method 'REFRESH_TABLE_DISPLAY' as it is a PRIVATE method is the class CL_GUI_ALV_TREE.

Please share your valuable thoughts.

Thanks & Regards,

Paddu.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Call method FREE

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargav.

0 Kudos

Method REFRESH_TABLE_DISPLAY looks more relevant. You must have Instance of class CL_GUI_ALV_TREE created in your code. Use code line <Instance>->refresh_table_display to refresh the ALV Tree.

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

The method REFRESH_TABLE_DISPLAY is a PRIVATE method. So, it can be used only inside the class. we can't use the method in our program.

Could you please tell me if there is any other way of refreshing the ALV Tree display..?

Thanks & Regards,

Paddu.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paddu

Assuming you are using CL_GUI_ALV_TREE the method for refreshing the tree is:

go_tree->UPDATE_CALCULATIONS( NO_FRONTEND_UPDATE = ' ' ).  " default setting

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paddu.

please check out the link mentioned below,this will help u.

Regards

Theres