cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a client requirement that i know is challenging and not sure if it is possible. Thought I would bounce with you who might have come across and provided some innovative solutions

-> Part of my client requirement needs master data to be created on the fly , like in a forecast schedule, they want to add new line items for planning new aquisitions and their depr schedule. Once they save their plan corresponding new dim members to be created on the back

-> Similar requirement from the S &D planning where they have to plan on new products not available in their ECC. They need a way to plan on them.

--> Is it possible to programmatically create a new dimension member and/or its properties?

--> Is there any documentation out there on how to design your system when you have more than few millions of members in dimensions, basically dos/donts

Appreciate sharing your insight in to this

-S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Following are my inputs on your query:

1. For master data creation, you can create it using the document link which you have uploaded in your previous post. If you are adding or creating any dimension or any member, it will be automatically reflected in BI/BW as a back-end.

2. For S&D planning you do, you can add Product as dimension in S&D application and then add different products in it as its memebers. You can plan accordingly.

3. Please refer above said.

4. You can refer to the following link for detailed reference:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bpc75_nw/helpdata/en/bpc_nw_index.htm

Hope this answer your queries.

Rgds,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found this on SDN but love to hear from someone who has implemented a solution for a client

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f08895ab-f152-2e10-7d8b-950a8e5eb...

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump again

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump any inputs pls