cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative for result from other query and merge dimension option option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone ,

Am Developing one webi report over bex Query.

Actual scenario is output of one webi report should be the input of other webi report.

Eg:

Table 1

2010 Cus 1

2010 Cus 2

2011 Cus 3

table 2

cus1 m1 100

cus2 m2 200

Cus3 m1 400

Report 1 designing

First report created using table 1 and prompt for year

Report 2 designing

Second report created using table2 and prompt for customer

So when am Running first report it will ask for parameter year and if am selecting 2010 then the report will return C1 and C2

this out put should e the input for report 2.

So out put will be 100+200=300

NOTE:1. Result from other query is not working in webi filter pane since am building on olap universe.

2. Merge Dimension performance is very slow .

Any Solution ?

Regards,

Kannan.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 2. Merge Dimension performance is very slow .

>

When I feel Merge dimension performance is very slow what I do is:

I refresh my quey with some value I know won't return any record. For example if in my prompt I usually input year 2011 and it brings too much data, I refresh my query again with something like year 1990, because I know it won't bring any data.

Then I do the merge and it goes pretty easy.

And I set my prompt again to 2011.

It seems to me that it works better for me if I do the merge with few data in my report.

Don't ask me why it works for me, I don't know if this is something with my computer, but you could give a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Hyper link from the first report to second report.

1) Store the First Report output in a variable

2) Open the second report on click of any cell from first report. That cell should be a hyperlink cell in which the navigation is mapped like:

='<a href ="http://dghoshdastidar:8080/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sType=wid&sDocName=ReportB&sRefresh=Y&lsSEnter%20State:="+[State] ">' [State]+'</a>'

Try this if this suits your requirement.

Regards,

Sridevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply

As you said , If am giving hyperlink to other report .

Eg: User selected Tamilnadu then report 1 opened then he has to click the some cell or hyperlink cell to view the actual report(2nd report).

Suppose user Clicked that hyperlink cell and 2nd report opened and he is viewing the data for Tamil nadu and he decided to see the report for

Andrapradesh so according to this logic he has to select first report and refresh the data for Andra and from there he has to come to 2nd report.

totally 4 screen will be opened for seeing the two states report.

So Some other alternative.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Options I could think of:

1. As mentioned previously, use hyperlink to open Report 2 from Report 1. But open Report 2 in a new window. So the user will now have 2 windows open. When he needs to see Report 2 for another state, since his Report 1 window is still open, he could go and click on another state (he would not need to refresh, if Report 1 display info of several states)

2. Provide a "State" filter in the Report 2. So once he is done looking at one state, he can refresh Report 2 if he needs to see info for another State.

Thanks,

Sowmya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

2nd report dont have the state field ....its developed from table 2......

how to bring it in single report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add the below code snippet to your hyperlink

&appKind=InfoView&isApplication=true

this will replace your original child window with new child window report, when ever you click hyperlinks in the parent report. So at any time you will have only two screens with the user.