Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need several variants in VL10A

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In VL10a, there is a custom variant setup with' User-specific' and 'Default setting' being selected.

I now need to create another variant for this same user with a different name and remove the default

setting and user-specific. Now none of the two variant works. Although i pull out my custom variant, when i save the variant, it

default to this layout '1_sap_1100'.

How can i create two separate variants for the user ? Have anyone come across this ?

thanks

Joyce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Variant must be created using users login. Just select User-Specific (Not default).

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Variant must be created using users login. Just select User-Specific (Not default).

0 Kudos

HI Amol,

Thanks for your reply. Now i changed the existing variant to user-specific and no default.

Save, exit and go into VL10A again. Since no default, he display format is different and it defaults

to standard sap layout instead as described in my thread.

It seems as if i cannot create two different variant without selecting one as a default.

thanks

Joyce

0 Kudos

As per my understanding, this is the scenario:

VAR1 - User Specific - Default

Now, you want to create VAR2 for same user. VAR1 still can be User Specific Default but user should be able to select VAR2.

So, log in by user id, create VAR2 with User-specific checked.

0 Kudos

HI Amol,

I have an existing user layout with user-epecific and default-setting selected. Then i created another user layout with a different name selecting user-specific and default-setting is not selected. The variant are created in the initial screen of vl10a.

Since one layout has the default-setting selected, i created a new variant with a new layout with no default-setting.

It did not work on the second variant as it still refer to the defaulted first layout.

thanks

Joyce

0 Kudos

Where can I select the output Layout on VL10a screen ? If there is no option to select the Output Layout, then it will always show output in defaulted layout and user has to select the second layout manually.

0 Kudos

To select the variant, on vl10a initial screen, click on the icon next to 'Exec' button. When you hit exec, it will display results with the layout that you have defaulted. If you manually select the second layout, it is no use as it will refresh to the existing layout.

thanks.

0 Kudos

Variants and layouts are two different objects. Unless there is a option to select the output layout in the variant, it will always pick defaulted layout.

0 Kudos

To clarify, the initial screen does not have the option to select the layout. I wished it did !

This is where the problem comes in. Thanks.