Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT2 Additional fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using BADI CATS_WORKLIST_ADDIN to populate the additional fields. I tried all the user exits related to CATS. Breakpoints at all user exit are stopping during save. I need to display additional fields before save.

But this BADI too is not triggered when executing CAT2.

Please let me know the solution

8 REPLIES 8

former_member213275
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<< Moderator message - Cut and paste response from http://www.sap-press.de/download/dateien/1644/232.pdf removed. Plagiarism is not allowed in SCN >>

Edited by: Rob Burbank on May 16, 2011 11:45 AM

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Development:

Use Enhancement (SMOD) CATS0005 CATS: Customer field enhancements, create a project via CMOD

- Add your ZZ or YY fields in CI_CATSDB

- In EXIT_SAPLCATS_005 store the received data (in ZXCATTOP)

- In EXIT_SAPLCATS_008 send the data back to SAP

Use Enhancement CATS0009 CATS: Customer-Specific Text Fields in Data Entry Section

- In EXIT_SAPLCATS_009 fill the two provided text fields

Use Enhancement CATS0002 CATS: Supplement recorded data

- In EXIT_SAPLCATS_002, fill customer fields

Customizing:

- Transaction CAC5

- Transaction CAC2

Also read SAP documentation like [Create SAP Enhancements for the Time Sheet|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46b/helpdata/en/bf/174b6e5733d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm]

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies,

I have displayed two additional columns(display only) in the data entry sheet of CAT2 through the following steps

1) Added the custom Zfields in CI_CATSDB.

2) Done with customization CAC2 and CAC5.

Now the two columns are getting displayed but the column values are empty.

To populate the column values ,

*) I have coded in CATS0001 exit( also used CATS_WORKlIST_ADDIN ), but this exit is not called when I press display in CAT2.

*) I tried exit EXIT_SAPLCATS_005, but this exit is called during save.

*) I tried using the exit CATS0009, the column values are filled as per the logic of code written in CATS0009, but the column heading for this displaytext is 'Name' for the both the columns, I am not able change the column name.

*) CATS0002 is also not useful for as it is called during save.

I need to display the values in the two additions columns before save.

Kindly help me in solving the above problem

0 Kudos

The fields must be updated in database CATSDB.

The exit provided are called during update transaction in PBO/PAI process, not in SAVE process.

- You may require to write a small program to update existing records in the database,

- During update use CATS0009 for display-fields; CATS0002 (and 0009 for default values) for input-fields

Did you create (or use) correct data element for your custom fields, data element with short, medium and long header text ?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

When i keep a breakpoint in Exit for CATS009 it is getting triggered before the data entry screen appears. That is fine.

But the problem now is that those fields in data entry screen are set as NAME and i am unable to change the heading for those columns. I also tried changing that NAME column in CAC2 customizing but i am not able to do it.

Please advise what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Mani

0 Kudos

- Use an Ok code /$SYNC to clear every buffer and call CAT2 again

- Via transaction CADO, change the layout to display new fields, what are the header text of the new fields ?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your suggestion. one more clarification,

At last, I used BADI 'CATS_WORKLIST_ADDIN' to fill the values of additional columns.

The values are getting displayed. The customization for adding the additional columns are done through cac2 and two z fields are added in CI_CATSDB.

Everything works fine with Worklist, values are displayed before save.

But for Data Entry Section, the additional columns are displayed but the values are empty.

The same BADI CATS_WORKLIST_ADDIN is called for data entry section only after Entering hours or save.

But I need to display the Additional column values for Data Entry Section before save (as soon as the display button is clicked in CAT2).

Thanks,

Mani

0 Kudos

No Customer Exit or BAdI is performed before a time is input in the Data Sheet Entry Screen, try to input a duration and press Enter, Exit will be triggered.

Until you enter any time, no exit is called, in fact most standard validations are not carried out. The program does almost nothing until it is on a record will be written to the databas

Regards,

Raymond