cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test run for IW31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BDC file for creating work orders in IW31.While creating orders,if we face any error in between the process, system will not allow further processing.but order will be generated for the remaining equipments.Can we provide any test run option in IW31 so that we can find out the error before generating work order.

If no errors are there in process,then we need to upload the data.

Can any one provide me some valuable inputs?

Regards,

Sibinraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sibinraj,

Yes it is possible, But please take Abaper help on this, as We did , You can run and check the data before starting creation of actual order or till that point error will check and no error records can be processed and Error log can be generate.

I suggest please sit with technical guys and check.

RIyaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riyaj,

Thanx for your valuable input.

While uploading BDC, if there is an error it is getting disconnected from the server.In our case there are multiple orders in single excel sheet.so whichever equipments are error free, orders were created for them.For the rest it is skipping the file.I don't want any order to be generated until the whole excel sheet is error free.

Is there any way to control this?

Regards,

Sibinraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sibinraj,

As mentioned and suggested your technical team can achieve this, You can ask your technical team to work in below steps as

1. All the pre-checks need to performed .

2. After the pre-checks a log is produced with complete results.

3. If at any stage an Abort type error is encountered the log is updated as such but the checks are continued.

4. After output of the log the load is aborted (prevented) by the system.

5. If no Abort level error is encountered the user is still given the opportunity to manually abort after evaluation of the load-log.

NOTE: In each case write the result as welwell as the state to the log.

Once The successful Logs identified, User can go for actual run.

Hope this will guide your technical team to meet your requirement.

Riyaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riyaj,

Thanx a lot for your feed back.

In our BDC program we included a test run check box.If it is checked BDC will be performed without save event.I am pasting the code below.It may be useful for other sdner's.

PARAMETERS:P_TEST AS CHECKBOX DEFAULT 'X'.

IF P_TEST NE 'X'.

PERFORM BDC_FIELD USING 'BDC_OKCODE'

'=BU'. "For Save Event

ENDIF.

Regards,

Sibinraj

Answers (0)