Did you mean: 

AAE (Advanced adapter engine) and Sync. support

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

After going over heaps of SAP's various documents I couldn't conclude

whether the AAE can support synchronous scenarios of Web services

either SOAP Based protocol or ABAP Proxy (however I did read it dosn't support XI Protocol though...)

Does the WS adapter supports sync. scenario with SAP Backend systems in SOAP protocol ?

Can you clarify please?

points will be reworded...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NikiScaglione
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can confirm that SOAP synchro scenario are supported via XI protocol (SAP PI 7.11 or higher)

Please have a look at /people/niki.scaglione2/blog/2011/02/14/handling-low-latency-scenarios-with-pi

Kind Regards,

Niki

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes it is supported but I have seen issues of the messages failing when the load is high.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes it is supported but I have seen issues of the messages failing when the load is high.

Which is strange as the AAE suppose to improve message throughput and performance.......

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AAE using SOAP protocol for synchronous webservice scenario is possible. I'm not sure with XI protocol.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOAP XI 3.0 support using AAE for sync is debatable. I have personally seen issues with it but in some thread i did see that the issue was fixed. I suggest you open a ticket with SAP to get a confirmation on this to check the use of AAE and XI 3.0 protocol for sync scenarios

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Cheers.

Will do...