Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver Adapter Synchronous

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to do a scenario where in if there are some 10 records that need to be inserted into the database and of which only 5 are inserted and the remaining are not inserted , I need the response back from the database .. Based on this I need to raise a alert in PI. Can someone please suggest me if there is some extra configuration that needs to be done in order to achieve this.

Do we need to go in for stored proceedure in this case.Can some one please suggest the approach or is there any other setting to be done at the receiver adapter.

Thanks

Amit Kamat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the response message if you can check the below fields;

<update_count>count</update_count>

<insert_count>count</insert_count>

Based on that you can send out an email as an alert.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Do we need to go in for stored proceedure in this case.Can some one please suggest the approach or is there any other setting to be done at the receiver adapter.

If your insert in different table do the following....

Doing Stored procedure seems to be better option. If you wrap all the 10 inserts as seperate statements inside single receiver data structure, i think jdbc treat as single transaction and so if error occurs in the middle for one insert then all the inserts would not occur.

if not .. create response as Shabarish explained..

Edited by: Baskar Gopal on May 16, 2011 9:22 AM