cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition and relationship of WM UoM and LE quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a bit new to WM and would appreciate very much if someone could explain the relationship and definition of the Material master fields WM Unit, Unit of issue and LE Quantity (Palletization data)...what objects (transfer req., transfer orders and so on) those different parameters affect and how optimized business scenarios can be achieved using those different parameters.

I have read all the standard documentation so pls do not copy and paste any standard texts from SAP in the matter. I am a bit new to WM and do not have the time to sit down and test every aspect of the system.

Thanks,

Lars

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

WM Unit states how to store the stocks in the warehouse, you can maintain different WM unit other than Base Unit of Measure, so that system will keep the WM stocks in WM unit .

But apart from WM unit, if you activated SUT for that material in WM and if you define WM Unit same as SUT, for the same you can maintain LE quantity.

For E.x: WM Unit is CS (Case) = SUT is also CS (Case) for this units you can maintain LE Quantity in the palatization tab.

Generally if you maintain the stocks in WM unit, the TR's and TO's will create using the same.

If you maintain stocks in SUT,the TR's and TO's will create automaticelly using SUT.

Only the thing is you can maintain multiple quants in one SUT.

All unit of mesure report will be available in all WM repots.

Thanks,

Madhu