cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Block Quality Inspection Material from Being Issue?

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In our system material is issued even it is in a Quality inspection which is not suppose to happen ,

So please help me to avoid the quality material being issued.

Thanks & Regards,

Olet Malla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amitbakshi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done using Lean Quality Management functionality.

You can make certain settings in Material Master for the Materials which require Quality Inspection and they will not be transferred to Unrestricted stock without having to have a Usage Decision (QC Pass).

This will require some Customization based upon your Business need. If you have implemented PP Module, then please take help of PP/QM Consultant to optimize it for you.

For your information, I am giving some Processes which will be involved :

1. Material Master Quality Management View Enabled

Please go to MM01 and Select Quality Management View for that Material, Click on Inspection Setup, Select Inspection Setup from the drop down of the screen (Select 1 - GR for Purchase Order), Check Active and Post to Inspection Stock.

After these settings are done, the material will be defaulted for the Quality Inspection Stock at the time of GR.

2. Lean Quality Management Functionality to be made active with some Customization. Creation of Inspection Plan, Characteristics, Inspection Method and Usage Decision. (Take help of a PP/QM Consultant for these settings)

Please note that the system will automatically Generate an inspection Lot. and you will have to Maintain an Inspection Plan with the Characteristics and Inspection Method and system will create a Usage Decision and then only, the Material can be Transferred to Unrestricted Stock.

Hope it Helps,

Best regards

Amit Bakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check against Mvt in Allowed transaction tab, if the Mvt other than 103 is allowed against transaction MIGO.

SPRO -> Materials Management -> Inventory Management & Physical Inventory -> Movement Types -> Copy,Change Movement Types.

Here in Mvt against MVt 103 check for allowed transactions.

Regards,

Ahmad Farhan Khalid

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I mean when we do GRs (MIGO-101) for quality inspection material it goes in quality for inspection,

So until it gets removed from Quality inspection then user should not able to issue that material.

So what required settings i have to do ?

Thanks & Regards,

Olet Malla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you use batch management?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double check if you cant play around with your system messages in that point.

Silas

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How does the user use this q-material? what movements?

Are you talking about IM or WM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using wrong movement type, 101 is for directly receiving material in store and this material has no link (in system) with Quality inspection and can be issued by user.

• Use movement type 103 (GR into blocked stock) - this blocked stock is for quality inspection to be performed and this material is shown in GR blocked stock and can not be issued unless this material is received back using MIGO - (document type) Release GR blocked stock.

OR you can use Mvt 503 but 103 is the SAP standard way.

i hope this helps.

Regards,

Ahmad Farhan Khalid

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

yeah

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for the post but still picture is not clear ,We do MIGO(101) After which it shows that material in Quality which

we see in LS24 report (Mat Rv01 Q). So as per my knowledge it will get cleared by QM nothing to do by us,So is im

going in right direction.

Thanks & Regards,

olet malla

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

That is what im facing the problem !

Thanks & Regards,

Olet malla.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, LS24 is a WM transaction, so you probably mean that you can move Q-stock in WM.

this can be restricted if you do not allow negative stocks in customizing of storage type 901 an 902.

so you cannot move Q-stock to a bin until it is released from Q-stock.

former_member643572
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juren,

Thanks for post & can u provide me the path through which i can remove negative stock figures for storage type 902 & 902.

Thanks & Regards,

olet malla.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMG > Logistics Excecution > warehouse managment > interfaces > inventory management > allow negative stock ....