cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 NOT FOUND -- Performance management in portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have configured the WD UI based flexible appraisal process in the SAP Backend and it seems to be working fine when I test it via SE80 -

> PAOC_HAP_DOCUMENT_WD_UI.

Now the problem is from portal end.

I have gone through the SAP provided notes mentioned below..and the portal consultant has configured the EP accordingly.

1408243 - Configuration for object-based navigation

1416756 - OBN Configuration in Performance Management

1468466 - Performance Management Configuration Launchpad

1463821 - Performance Management Portal Configuration

1352104 - OBN action's Business Parameters don't reach AI Target

Now, when I login to ESS and then click on Appraisal Documents, an error page occurs with the following :

404 Not Found

SAP J2EE Engine/7.01

The requested resource does not exist.

Details: Go to main page of this application!

Could you please let me know what can be the problem here?

Thanks and Best Regards.

Karan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

either your Homepage Framework or your xss-java area and aregroup iViews have wrong parameters. Please provide the technical name of the iView which is called when you get the error. Also check in your HPF whether the PCD URLs are maintained correctly, so the iViews from Portal find the way back to Portal once they got their information from HPF.

best regards, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

This might be a permission issue. Check the default trace file.

Also if ur portal is SP05 or below, then check SAP Note. There is a issue with Sp05 or below.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debashish,

Thanks a lot for your reply. We have checked the default trace and it doesnt show any error logs for the error page.

We are currently on

EP 7.01 SP 08

SAP ESS 603 SP06

SAP MSS 600 SP17.

Hope the information helps.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Karan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

If you do not find anything in trace file then check transaction st22 in ECC for any error message against the user name.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked ST22 and SLG1 in ECC backend...no errors there too..

Best Regards.

Karan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I didnt go through those notes. But can you specify the OBN settings you did? like what is source and target you are expecting.

I am assuming you made backend lauchpad settings to a valid operation of business object.

I have performance management iviews configured and it works fine. Mostly you will see problems if operation specified at launchpad doesnt exist at portal(SP mismatch).

Thanks,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagarjuna,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have checked the launchpad settings using LPD_CUST and have made the necessary changes as per the above mentioned notes.

For the OBN, we have referred to the below link from sdn.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20faaa02-7521-2e10-d598-8b03c91c4...

Its great that it is working at your end. Could you please let me know what SP of portal, ecc and ESS you are working on for now. I am of the same opinion that there is a SP mismatch.

I also think that there should be some basis settings that need to be taken care, but not sure what.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards.

Karan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on ESS 603 SP5.

SAP_HR/EA_HR 604 SP27

Please specify the OBN settings you made for this page. source,target and give the url at error page.

Without this information its tough to conclude what is your problem. Also make sure this page is not visible to you through any other roles.

Thanks,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagarjuna,

We have configured the source, target etc in OBN as suggested by the document link that I have attached in my last post.

Below is the url that we get on the error page:

http://xxxxxxxxx.com:50000/irj/portal?navigationtarget=roles%3a%2f%2fpcd%3aportal_content%2fxxxxxxx%...

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Karan.

Edited by: karan mehra on May 18, 2011 7:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karan,

From the url you gave, its not related to OBN settings.

I belive you have problem much before that - while opening appraisal documents screen from employee home page.

As Lukas mentioned, this url relates to home page framework. Something is wrong with your homepage config.

If you make it till list of documents from homepage, when you open a document, it uses OBN settings to open webdynpro UI. This is how a OBN related url looks like.

/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=OBN%3A%2F%2FBOTechnicalName%3Demployee%2FBOSystemAlias%3DSAP_ERP_HumanResources%2FOperation%3Dappraisal_document_wd_ui&CurrentWindowId=WID1305742814780&NavMode=3&TarTitle=Employee%20Document

Please check your homepage framework.

Thanks,

Nag