cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying oracle patch in windows 64 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Professionals,

I am installing ehp4 ides in windows 64 bit and I got stuck in 18th phase that oracle patch is not updated let me know the solution, let me know the process of installing the oracle databse.

Thanks

Regards

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

It will install the base database and for some SAP Components to support you have to patch up oracle.

So if its asking to patch up. Open another session and do a patch upgrade.

Normally while doing EHP installation on a 10G database the SAPINST will install 10.2.0.2 but 10.2.0.4 is needed so when it asks to patch up we will open a new session and install the oracle patch with runinstaller.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepthi,

I have installed the oracle database and patch , the message displayed that it is successfully patch updated but when running sapinst in the phase " oracle patch update", it says patch need to be updated, so shall you tell me the process of installing oracle 10g with windows 2003 64 bit os

Thanks

Regards

Murali

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no installation guide/sapnotes around?

which (exact) patch did you apply? patchset 10.2.04? 10.2.0.5? any opatch activities? etc.

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

Will you please paste the thing what exactly it is asking.

Thanks,

Deepthi

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am installing ehp4 ides in windows 64 bit and I got stuck in 18th phase that oracle patch is not updated

Please give a detailed information about the error, that is logfiles, error messages etc.

> let me know the solution, let me know the process of installing the oracle databse.

Since we don't know anything about your setup (which exact database version you installed and how you did that, what patches you applied etc.) it's really impossible to help you.

This is all very well described in the official installation guide - step-by-step.

Markus